Don't knok it till you tried it

FAN

Realy I think that would be great if Indy had a son.And this son would be in his teen's obviously because the new movie will take place in the late 1950's and his fling with Marion would have had to have been in raider's of the lost ark since she did'nt tell him about any kid which she would have had there been one born in the 1930's. And the
raiders of the lost ark took place in the 1940's since the Nazi's were involed in Egypt and they invaeded sometime around 1943.Beside's Indy having a father was a hit, so why is everyone downn on Indy having a son? This is rediculus, I think thatany child Indy would have would have been with Marion, Willie doesnt seem the type for anything except romance, beside's she's not as independent personality as Marion, if she had a kid with Indy she would be all over him for money and help raising there son,
where's Marion seem's the type who wouldent mention it unless Indy came calling and probably not even then,Marion would just take the boy and raise him by herself, might even resent Indy for only romancing her because he needed her help and then getting her pregnant and she would probably feed that sort of resentment to there son. But that's just speculation. But I still think it would be great if Indy had a son.

wolfgang

well, it worked with his dad, but a son is not the best idea, though i don't really care, i know itll be good anyway. what i wouldn't stand is that the baby is with marion or willie. they should have a new girl. and if he does has a son it should be from a long lost girlfriend.

Ed:
Yes, it should be deleted.:)

[Edited by Aaron H on 06-07-2003 at 09:20 pm]

bob

The old son/daughter thing, i would say that both ToD and LC were about the taming of Indy within father/son relationships. In both ToD and LC Indy has had comedy sidekicks i think that Indy IV should have some emotional subplot and humour which made LC so succsessful but this film has a lot of baggage to sort out as it is

FAN

Hey, there's alot of opinion's on this subject I hope more people post on this thread. Really though I think a son would make a great sub plot though, and I don't mean a Luke Skywalker plot, in the temple of doom his his side kick from China went over well,and Indy's dad went over well, I'm sure that if they write in a son/sidekick that they will do a good job.

wolfgang

Well, if indy's son is a teenager he won't be as protective as he was with shorty. but bob's right, we've seen indy with a son (shorty) and his dad. It just didn't came to me to compare his realation with shorty with a relation with a son. But now i want him less to have a son if its going to be a short round relation again. Come on, guys, we need new stuff!

FAN

Indy's son will be either a teenager or a young adult

If Indy has a son with Marion, he will have to be a teenager or adult, because Indy's last fling with Marion was about 1943,and it wouldent make sense for Marion not to inform Indy then that he had a son and either bring him along or send him to the U.S.A. it would make sense for Marion to have gotten pregnant after the adventure ended,
And it would make sense for her to be mad that Indy had left her again so she probably wouldent go out of her way to inform him ( in fact it would make sense for her not to
do anything to inform him at all.) There's another sied to this though, everyone seem's to think Marion show's up with Indy's son ( which is'nt that bad a sub plot ) but why couldent some one who know's Indy inform him about what's going on and Indy go looking for him. In fact there
is no need for Indy's son to know that Indy's his father till the end of the movie really. Or for Marion to know that her son went on adventure with his dad. For all we know Marion could have gone back to the old ploy "your dad died durring the war." As for shorty I liked him, but I don't think Indy would be as protective of his son like he was of shorty,and this would be ther first time he would have a teenager along for the ride.I don't know what the rest of you are dreading so much. Would some one please enlighten!!!

FAN

In this post i want to ellaborate on the last post. Like I said, what if Indy find's out he has a son by Marion and goes looking for him. And what if Marion tell's there son either "he died durring the war" or she leave's out a name and tell's him his dad's a real jerk. And what if it's Marion getting married? Supose she is and the guy is a real jerk, and Indy's son is looking for anyway he can to leave home, and then Indy turn's up and nearly wreck's everything, Marion might "force" Indy to keep his identy a secret at least for a certain time span, and is going to get rid of Indy as fast as possible but there son accidently runs into them. Then after Indy leaves Marion plan's to go on with the wedding but perhap's her son see's
Indy's archeolgy trip as an escape route and the chance he's been waiting for. He might show up on Indy's door step and try to convince Indy to take him with him, even as going as far as to sneak aboard the plane or truck or what ever and continualy tagging along until Indy give's in. And by the time that Marion notices her son is gone it is to late. The new movie is supossed to show some of the flaws in Indy,well I think Indy's son talking about his father being a jerk and leaving his mom to raise him would be a good way to exspose a flaw. And it wouldent picture Marion as a main character realy. I think this would be a great sub plot instead of Marion going after Indy. Of course this is all out of my imagination and something I am just throwing out there, btu I think it would work.Post your comments and let me know what your thinking.

wolfgang

Well, all marion is going to have is a soundbite, but how about this: in the begining of the film we see a young teenager boy on an uncomplited mission. Then after a little action he gets caught by a few men a tells him "Its time to tell you the truth..." leaves you in suspense. Cut to Indiana Jones on an unclompleted task. He finishes it. Shows up in his University. THen he is called by the same people who caught the teenager. They explain that the teenager is his son and all that stuff. Then Indy remembers Marion's voice saying "Wouldn't you like to have a son with me?" Or something that Indy realaised it foreshadowed she was pregnate.Then they have a fight because he left Marion in the middle of the adventure as it goes, blah, blah, blah. Then they are stuck on a very bad cliffhanger, and they need to get out with a traditional plan. Indy's son says "Mom said you were very good at this kind of stuff, i hope she was right." Indy replies, "So do I." With a puzzled look at his son. THen he meats his granfather at the end.
Harrison said he will have no son, but this is just a lame idea of what might've happened if he had a son with marion.

FAN

Sound's good, but I still think that Indy should go looking for his son,and with out the intention of taking him any were, and that his son A. doesent know that Indy is his dad and B. try's to go with Indy on this adventure and Indy keep's trying to shake him off and at last halfway through or so gives up and let's him come along. I also think Marion. I think his son getting kidnapped would also be great,but I think Indy's son should meet Indy un aware of his idenity and and should not find out that Indy is his dad till alot later in the movie. I know Ford said there would be no son,but in an interview George Lucas told the press that Indy will have a son of course that was before Ford came out and said no son. I hope that they do change there mind though because it would be great for Indy to have a teenager for side kick.I realy think it would be good if Indy's son was his sidekick.

FAN

I agree, Indy's son has to be on the same side as his dad as far as the mission goes,but for the longest time he should think his dad's a real jerk and tell Indy so un-aware that Indy is his dad.

wolfgang

Sorry, you missunderstood, I meant that : you should keep in mind that the MOVIE will be good, son or no son. And now that you mention that, YES they must be on the same side, or else, itll be just another star wars movie. ;)

FAN

Sorry I didn't get your meaning! I am sure that it will be be great without a son, but I think it would be a lot better with a son. And back to the son ploy I think that since in the last movie Indy and his dad had to come to terms with each other, perhaps Indy is feeling what it's like now that the roles are reversed. In fact his son could be like I said talking about his un-known dad as a jerk, and who know's what its like to a point trying to sympithize and to another point trying to defend the kid's dad. And by the way what do you think of the plot that instead of Marion returning as leading lady getting involved in another relationship throughout the movie with Indy, in fact she's making plans to get married to some jerk who treat's her son like he's completly worthless? To a point the evil step father ploy.

raider84

Funny thing is that I was thinking that about a week ago. Indy should have a son in Indy 4.

Hay Great minds think alike.:p

FAN

Funy, everyone else thinks it's a bad idea, but it makes perfect sense. Several years ago I was thinking about it( and i did't know any thing about Indiana Jones except the movies ) and I thought about trying to come up with differant plot's for my own amusement and I couldent picture it with out him having a son or daughter with Marion. I think that a son would work in there better then a daughter because all the leading ladies in Indy Movies are usaly lovers with Indy. It might be interesting if Indy had twins a boy and a girl, but then on a second thought it would turn into a Luke Skywalke/Princess Leia plot wich would not work with Indy. All around It think Indy should have a son in the new movie period,and I think that the son should be a tenager. Like you said though great minds think alike.

FAN

I hope Indy has a son in the new movie,if wolfgang reads this hope he post's on my thread again.

wolfgang

Well, Fan, a daughter is a pretty good idea and have her a the lead girl, but i wanna stick to teh son idea since it'll be funner.Lets see, twins, good idea! maybe a bad one and a good one? you are right though about that luke and leia stuff. I like that you agree ondy should have a new girl even if marion is the mother, i mean, if thats what you're sayin?

FAN

Actualy I was'nt even thinking about having a new girl, but of course your right in the spirit of Indiana Jones he should, but Marion should be the mother, this would make her a important but not main character which according to George Lucas and Steven Speilberg she and Willie will be. As for a new girl I have abaoutly no ideas about her,but I am still for the son idea. I never thought about evil twins, but hey it could work except for one thing. The movie is supposidly in China, and in the 1950's very,very,very few americans were let in China, a evil twin would have had to go into China back before the communist party took over. But like I said, I am still for the son only idea. What do you think? Write back soon.

P.S. Wolfgang, do you get on other Forums and Chat Rooms? If so mabye you could see what other people think about Indy having a son or better yet,recomend that they come to this thread to descuss it, even other Raven Board memeber's. See ya latter.

[Edited by FAN on 06-12-2003 at 12:57 pm]