What kind of vehicle should the chase use in Indy 4?

In Raiders, we had a truck, in Temple of Doom, we had mine carts, in Last Crusade, we had a smaller scale motorcycle chase, and then tanks, cars, trucks...and camels! :D What should the chase vehicle be in Indy 4?

One idea I'm getting is a full out airplane chase (not like in LC, which was unscored and wasn't a true chase), with lots of planes chasing Indy, and at the same time it could also be a dogfight.

I

Indy's_main_man

Renderking Fisk said:
Have we seen a chase through his college yet?

I can picture the Nazi's entering Indy's class. There'd be some dialogue and Indy would quickly realizes who these guys were and he makes a move. gunfire erupts and the class is running and ducking all over the place. Soon the class is gone and Indy takes off down the hall, his persuers close behind. He runs into a book cart being pushed by another teacher and pushes her out of the way. Frantically, he throws books behind him at the nazis. Then he turns down another corridor to find a dead end. We see a large window above Indy. Indy jumps but can't reach the window. The nazis round the corner just as Indy is able to grab the ledge and climb up. Bullets hit the wall around him but Indy escapes safely.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Nazis capture Alain Trottier in Monte Carlo and Indy goes after them. They cruise for some minutes and collide a bit and then they crash and the nazis escape leaving Trottier lying on the ground.

atlantis_19.gif

I'm thinking more along the lines of a fast pursuit in the middle of traffic--swerving in between cars, trying to maintain speed but having to keep in mind of the innocents around, that sort of thing.

I

Indy's_main_man

Kinda like TOD but drwan ot and more intricate? Plus in a different city obviously.

Exactly. Someplace like New York comes to mind, right away. The streets weren't as packed with cars then, were they? Even if they were too packed to actually have a chase in, you get the idea. Some kind of big city with lots of traffic, but not so much that we get a rush just because someone actually got to move a few inches.

Indyologist

Okay, it's not a "vehicle" per se-- but how about a camel or two?

I believe in read in the "Sword of Arthur" script about Indy careening madly through the streets of merry olde London in a double-decker bus. Now THAT'S something you don't see every day.

I

Indy's_main_man

It is something you can see everyday if you own "the mummy returns"

however...heres a wild idea....A FOOT CHASE with Indy shootly wildly behind him while doging passers by and cars.

Finn

Staff member
Double decker? You know, that was done in <i>The Mummy Returns</i>.

What about a bicycle chase? As far as I recall... none of those hasn't been in Bond either Indy. If we want more intense to it, we could have a rickshaw attached to the bike. You know, a bit like the thing in ET, but it just appeared silly that Wu Han was able to outrun those cars and bikes... with a bicycle, it could be little more believeable.

What about a donkey chase? Indy and his pursuers sitting on a bunch of donkeys, hopping up and down as <i>La Cucaracha</i> plays on the backround... :D <small>Sorry, got a funny visual on that.</small>

Then again, we can just have a good, lengthy old-fashioned car chase. Indy flicks kinda still lack a good one on those.

As a point of interest, some statistics...

<i>Vehicle chases in Indiana Jones movies</i>
Raiders: 1 (horse/truck)
ToD: 2 (car, mine cart)
LC: 5 (horse/car, speedboat, motorbike, plane/car, horse/tank.)

I admit, I also kinda like IMM's idea about Indy being chased in his own college.

Finn

Staff member
Dogsled... damn it. The thing I knew to be waiting to pop out from my head but it failed to come in time.

That is something bloody brilliant and individual.

Strider

The double-decker bus was origionally done by James Bond in "Live and let Die"

How about another boat chase, except this time it would involve very big ships.

I

Indy's_main_man

Strider said:
How about another boat chase, except this time it would involve very big ships.

like...big, slow moving, cruise ships?

Lord Excalibur

Yeah a big cool carchase between Russians and Indy on the streets of the 50's Manhattan ;) Yeah that would be cool if they doesn't use to much CGI. I had written in a car-chase between nazis and Indy in my fanfic Indiana Jones and Box of Gods but I'm not writing on them anymore