Title of Indy IV

ROTLA

Indiana Jones and the Search for a Script

ok, ok, it's probaby not a new joke, but I'm bored and haven't posted in awhile. Of course, with posts like this maybe I should avoid posting for another lengthy period!!

I

Indy's_main_man

the title would really depend on the plot now wouldn't it?

What about "Indiana Jones and the pearl of the sea"...I'm thinking this could be something about Atlantis.

heres a plot I thought of in 5 minutes for the above title:

when atlantis was still there, they offered pearls to thier gods. They had one very large pearl that was worshiped and on which thier civilization was based. Then a corrupt citizen tries to steal the pearl. The gods get angry and sink the city. The city and the pearl are lost forever...until Indy is called to find them.

The Russians believe they may be able to harness the power of this pearl to help thier army. Indy must get the pearl before them.

simple. sweet. slightly absurd :)

ROTLA

Combine these factors:

- adjusting to married life (just under a year)
- adjusting to a new baby (under two months)
- working the overnight shift
- driving an hour each way to/from work
- taking care of two dogs (one named Indy!!)

and you'll come up with a very tired individual, which means the quality of posts could suffer.

That being said, I think I'm actually starting to get my second wind, so to speak. I have been watching the trilogy over and over (my wife claims she's tired of hearing "Raiders March" from the other room), often with the little one in his baby seat next to me. I have really been on an Indy kick and the ideas (most rather silly) for Indy IV are starting to pile up in my previously empty head.

Some of the few legit ideas I have thought about are the Staff of Moses and possibly searching for the Ten Commandments. However, I think the Ten Commandments are taken care of with the Ark. Even if they went with a "the commandments were taken out of the Ark long ago" approach, they were probably still kept in a similar location. It would just be Raiders again. The Staff of Moses could be caught in the same trap but there are more possibilities for it being totally separate from the Ark. It brings several characteristics and powers, many of which would be very beneficial to a Nazi-like army. I had originally thought they might be able to set the movie in the time right before the end of WWII. It could have been Hitler's last gasp attempt for some sort of power from the Divine, knowing his Nazi movement was heading toward its end. However, after seeing Harrison Ford in "Hollywood Homicide," that time period won't work. He just looks too old. But, if movie magic can make Renee Zellweger look hot (I personally think she always looks like she just walked by someone who has a horrible stench), maybe they can make Ford look young enough for that time.

"Indiana Jones and the Staff of Moses"
"Indiana Jones and the Ten Commandments"
"Indiana Jones and the Word of God"

(Hopefully this post gets me back on track!!)

Indyz Azn Gurl

ROTLA said:
But, if movie magic can make Renee Zellweger look hot (I personally think she always looks like she just walked by someone who has a horrible stench), maybe they can make Ford look young enough for that time.

Hmmm how about using the "movie magic" to make as if she has eyes. o_0

I

Indy's_main_man

Indiana Jones and the staff of Moses is much too simple.

It should be something more like "Indiana Jones and the fate of the red sea" orIndiana ones and thew exodus aparodox" I had written a fan story with the name "and the staff of moses" and eventually realized it was too obvious.

Finn

Staff member
Indy's_main_man said:
simple. sweet. slightly absurd :)
...and full of chances to hide references. Of course, we'd have to avoid the Atlantis himself... Doc Jones has already seen the place.

Joe Brody

I think any good Indy title should have a word that evokes action or movement or strong emotion: raiders, doom, crusade.

Somewhere on the internet (I couldn't find it) is a compilation of the most common words in movie titles. If you want to play this game, you may want to search for the list or at least try to come up with some good evocative language. There's also rules for good words that I don't know offhand -- like you want to avoid words with too many syllables or is hard to pronounce ('conquest' is a good word but it's hard to say).

I don't know if these are any good but it's a start:
Hunt
Savage (as in to ravish)
Storm (as in the SWAT team stormed the building)

I

Indy's_main_man

Indiana Jones and the forgotten empire

I'm proud of that one

I

Indy's_main_man

Indianan Jones and the perilous raiders of the lost revolutions of the return of the temple of death strikes back

ROTLA

Indy's_main_man said:
Indianan Jones and the perilous raiders of the lost revolutions of the return of the temple of death strikes back

I think they should greenlight that one right now!!