Indy 1993 Perfume and Cologne???

swposterguy

Hello

New here, and as you can see by my handle, I'm primarily a Star Wars poster collector. In any case, I've got an Indy anomally here that maybe you folks could help me with. I have a large brochure and press kit for Indiana Jones perfume and cologne from Weruska&Joel (Italy) 1993. Can anyone tell me if these were ever manufactured? Here are some pics of the brochure and press kit:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/pvilmur/posting/IMG_1799.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/pvilmur/posting/IMG_1800.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/pvilmur/posting/IMG_1801.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/pvilmur/posting/IMG_1802.jpg

Any info would be great! Thanks

Pete

Indyologist

Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh! That is JUST SO freakin' cool!

Does anyone have this? What does it smell like?

IndyMcFly

You want to smell like Indy's sweat?

I want to know where the cologne is! I don't want perfume! (There's some sort of James Bond colonge out there, too... somewhere).

Where's the colonge?!

In Christ,
Shane

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I've only been able to find the perfume for sale, and no mention of the cologne...execpt for those pictures.
Is there a larger version of those pics, swposterguy?

I've also contacted Weruska & Joel to see if they know something we don't.

Indyologist

QuantumGirl said:
Awesome!

Maybe it smells like Indys sweat.... *sigh* I'd buy it right away ;)

QuantumGirl follows Dr. Jones from the laundromat, where he's "cleaned up" from his last adventure. The laundry basket he's carrying has 3 pairs of khaki pants and about a dozen khaki army shirts, folded neatly. Whistling, he exits with his clean clothes. Unfortunately, a dirty-looking sock hangs from the back of the basket and drops to the cracked tile floor, unknown to Indy. As Indy loads up his trunk, QuantumGirl sneaks into the laundomat and crouches behind a washer. Indy revs up his '32 Ford Coupe and roars off around the corner, causing old ladies to jump and children to cry.

QuantumGirl jumps out from behind the washer and snaps up the sock.

"I got it! I got it! It's miiiiiiiine!" she screams. She clutches the filthy prize to her and jumps up and down. With a dreamy look of anticipation on her face, she buries her nose in the sock. She inhales deeply. She slowly pulls the sock away from her face. She's cross-eyed. A little choke escapes from her as she slips to the ground. Indy's sock, apparently, is no prize after all...

QueZTone

heh

for my birthday as a gimmick my brother bought me this cologne named Indiana Jones too. I checked it but nowhere it mentions Lucasfilm Ltd or anything really indy related. Also its put on the bottle and box:
INDIANA
JONES
so below each other, not after each other. Maybe that's how they got away with it legal wise? Anyway the box is cheap looking and so is the bottle kinda. No references to indy whatsoever except the name INDIANA JONES written in a normal font type (not the real type).

(NOTE: This is NOT the same stuff swposterguy talks about of course! that is MUCH cooler :D)

Indyologist said:
QuantumGirl follows Dr. Jones from the laundromat, where he's "cleaned up" from his last adventure. The laundry basket he's carrying has 3 pairs of khaki pants and about a dozen khaki army shirts, folded neatly. Whistling, he exits with his clean clothes. Unfortunately, a dirty-looking sock hangs from the back of the basket and drops to the cracked tile floor, unknown to Indy. As Indy loads up his trunk, QuantumGirl sneaks into the laundomat and crouches behind a washer. Indy revs up his '32 Ford Coupe and roars off around the corner, causing old ladies to jump and children to cry.

QuantumGirl jumps out from behind the washer and snaps up the sock.

"I got it! I got it! It's miiiiiiiine!" she screams. She clutches the filthy prize to her and jumps up and down. With a dreamy look of anticipation on her face, she buries her nose in the sock. She inhales deeply. She slowly pulls the sock away from her face. She's cross-eyed. A little choke escapes from her as she slips to the ground. Indy's sock, apparently, is no prize after all...

*lol* :D
But I actually would not hide that long. I'd jump at him right before he gets cleaned up, offering my assistence. ;)

swposterguy

Aaron H said:
I've only been able to find the perfume for sale, and no mention of the cologne...execpt for those pictures.
Is there a larger version of those pics, swposterguy?

I've only been able to find the perfume as well. I'll get some higher res scans of the photos up tomorrow.

Pete

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Indy's diary? Does it mean the Grail Diary?

The fedora and the whip are inaccurate.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Looks cool though. Still haven't heard back from them. Perhaps, they don't know the answer either.

When I get some more money I'm going to buy the perfume...since it appears to be a fairly rare item, and I want it for my collection.