Son of Indy

Original Raider

Theres a rumor going around that Indys son might be introduced in the next film. Marion would be the mother, her and Indy having the kid after Raiders. If that was 1936 and the next one is 1950's that would put the son in his twenties. There may be a pass the torch, or fedora, thing in the next film. With the son named Indy also, you could continue the franchise. But who could pull off the son of Indy? Something to think about.

Ska

I think that if Indy had a son after Raiders, he would have mentioned it to his father during LC. I guess it's plausible that he could of had a son sometime between LC and IV, but I'm personally not for the idea. We already had the father-son bonding thing in Indy.

And that goes for no daughter also.

HovitosKing

Insane, idiotic, cheap, pathetic idea that would serve absolutely no purpose. Horrible. I would hate to see any such "son of Indy" in Indy IV or beyond. If Lucas did this, it would be because his greed and appetite for film destruction had moved beyond the Star Wars franchise. After Episode III, who knows where the destructor will strike next.

Strider

Good lord no!
Do yeh really want indy to fall in the line of "son of's"?! Think about it.
Son of Godzilla
Son of Kong
Son of Frankenstine
Son of the Wolfman
Son of Indiana Jones

Indydan13

If they were to do it, I could only hope they get an unknown actor the role, but it could only be a die hard fan of the films. If they get a son, he must not be like, "Well I never have seen the films until I heard they were looking for an actor to portray the son and I think the originals were ok, but I think this will be the best of the 4." He has to be a person who has been dying to play the son of Indy for a long time, and has been in his own head.

(Lucas or Spielberg: CALL ME! I CAN DO IT!)

Indyologist

Original Raider said:
Theres a rumor going around that Indys son might be introduced in the next film. Marion would be the mother, her and Indy having the kid after Raiders. If that was 1936 and the next one is 1950's that would put the son in his twenties. There may be a pass the torch, or fedora, thing in the next film. With the son named Indy also, you could continue the franchise. But who could pull off the son of Indy? Something to think about.

Awesome! Bring it on! Of course, this is just a rumor (and where did you hear about it, BTW?), so I'm not holding my breath or anything...

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
This rumor has been around for a while. From what I know, it will either be a son or a daughter in the next film. Either way, look for a "passing on the fedora" type scene.

IAdventurer01

Ugh, mixed feelings!

As nice as it would be for a "passing of the fedora" seen, I just would love Indy keeping the fedora.

The whole having a son/daughter idea is fine by me, just so that Indy will have a new partner, not a replacement.

thetrackmaster

I woudnt mind the Indy Son thing to be a contiuned thing it would be a good idea, yes it would not quite be the same but you know it makes room for new things new ideas. You never know it could be a new TV seris like the Chronicles.

thetrackmaster

Me, being a young actor myself I wouldnt mind the part? Nudge Nudge Hint Hint! Except I'm english would make it a bit wierd. You never know

Original Raider

If you did that we'd have to get the Brits' back by casting an American as James Bond. It would be the first ever international casting war :)

thetrackmaster

LOL! Very good, I have a choice either try and become the role for Indy's Son or Try and Become the Young Indy from 12 to 15, the choices are endless (I guess River Phonix really owns the that role, Oh Well!) So now you may have a american main character, a scottish Dad, A english son. All we need now is an austrilian Brother