The Definitive Indy 4 Speculation Index

Deadlock

Over the years, the Raven has been the place where an enormous amount of fan energy has been spent discussing and speculating upon the content of the fourth Indiana Jones film.

From plot, to characters, traps to artifact, love interest to the final curtain... Hundreds of fans and thousands of posts of have spanned the gamut of topics.

In an effort to keep intriguing ideas out of the black hole of obscurity, and to prevent newcomers to the Raven from getting blasted with ?there are 6,000 threads on this topic already!?... I have compiled and organized what I hope is a (mostly) comprehensive index of worthwhile topics and discussions.

That said, there are threads that I did not include. First, it may be that I missed a quality thread. Or... it may be that the thread fell into one of the following categories and thereby wasn?t included:

1. ?News? from bigshots: not really interesting, unless you want to consider how long we?ve been strung along with the same ol? lines. :)
2. Casting speculation: these are mostly ?who?s my favorite actor/actress? threads.
3. Threads speculating about the movie not the content of the movie (release date, will it make money, will Harrison star? Etc. etc.)
4. Off-Topic Threads: some threads started out okay... and then went far afield.
5. Obscure threads: Okay, I admit it... I haven't read every single Indy 4 thread. I just hit the high points.

I imagine that there will have to be periodic updates made to this index. But without further ado...

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
  • Henry Jones Sr. --> See ?Returning Characters?
  • Heroine
    [*]Should he find 'the one'?
    [*]Marion Ravenwood --> See ?Returning Characters?​
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
  • Sallah --> See ?Returning Characters?
  • Storyline --> See ?Plot?
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Paden

What an outstanding resource, especially for those of us that didn't come along early enough to take part in some of these enlightening discussions. Thank you for all the work and effort that no doubt went into putting this list together.

Canyon

Deadlock, this is incredible.

Thank you so much for the hard work that you have put into this. It is truly appreciated. :D

Joe Brody

Nice selective editing. No 'ShortRound' in the 'Returning Character' section.

[Just kidding].

Seriously, fantastic resource.

A couple of possible cross-references to be added: you may want to add an entry for 'Beginning' (in the 'B's') and 'Fade In' (in the 'F's') that refer to your 'Opening' entry.

And wasn't there several daughter threads? (not just favorite actress threads but ones that actually discuss the merits?)

Hopefully, this will lead people to revive old threads instead of starting new ones. But one question, having done all this work will you go crazy Deadlock when we continue to see new threads re-hashing tired topics -- like have new member INDYMC1000 from slovenia start another object thread or FNG Indyinflatable from Fiji start another Commie thread?

roundshort

I was going to submit the daughter catagory. I heard a rumor, and I am sure that it is a rumor, not a Pale Horse like insider double-secert done deal type thing that an unkonwn, Brigid Conroy (no relation to Sean I guess) is int he running for casting a daughter to Indy!

I think I heard the rumor from a guy in l.a., who looked homeless . . .

who knows

Johan

Got a little extra time on your hands Deadlock? But you did a great job thanks for compiling!

roundshort

temple of john said:
I was thinking of starting a thread about what the artifact should be in Indy . Has that been covered already???

:confused: ;)

hmmm, I don;t think it has, we that a poll about which Indy/star wars movie is your favorite!

roundshort

How about a thread that tells us that filiming has begun around last Thanksgiving, and filming was already happening in London . . .

on second tought no one is that dense!

Johan

Grizzlor said:
Cool Post!

What a great example of a Quality Post.
By the way, does the raven have some sort of "informer" that we could keep dibbs on the film?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well done, indeed Deadlock... I haven't seen half these threads... Actually most of them... That must have taken ages to compile all of that. I'd be way too lazy to do that. Of course, I looked at the Marion Ravenwood thread. Can't believe people can say such horrible things about her. Now if they said that about Willie, I'd understand. But, Marion....

Pale Horse

Staff member
Deadlock said:
Over the years, the Raven has been the place where an enormous amount of fan energy has been spent discussing and speculating upon the content of the fourth Indiana Jones film. [deleted for space]

[/LIST]
M

[deleted for space]

Man, I take a little break and you starve for challenge?!? Wow. (actually I am very impressed)

But where are the Masons?

Deadlock

Pale Horse said:
Man, I take a little break and you starve for challenge?!? Wow. (actually I am very impressed)

I should have said this earlier, but all of this research was more or less put together last year, when I was working on Realm of the Dead. I simply organized it and added a few things. (And I actually had quite a few more threads, but many of them focused on the existing films and therefore didn't qualify for the index.)

Pale Horse said:
But where are the Masons?

Are you talking about this thread? It's a good thread, but I couldn't decide whether it was primarily Indy 4 speculation or dissection/exploration of the existing films. If you feel it should be included, I'm already compiling a list for the second edition. :)

Indyologist

Amazing!

Dead, I am SO impressed by this incredible feat of research you've compiled here. It is SUCH a good idea. I award you with 5 whips out of 5!

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:/:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

Robert Stephens

Steve said:
What no one here is bringing up is this. The film is in lockdown. Any response one would get from the Lucas Camp, or Paramount would not verify that anythng is being done, DUH. Lockdown is just that. Lockdown. I heard the aftermarket hats would be handled by a huge company, one with the capacity and oursourced capacity to provide the millions of hats that will be needed worldwide. They ain't gonna even talk to small potatos. Charlie, you are a small tater. ;) Certainly not worth their time. Only a huge Corp. will get the contract. You are jousting windmills here. But I applaud your efforts. But with that said, these big boys are seldomed impressed by silver tongues. No one could handle the volume but folks like DP or Hatco. And then, they could not do so on the last film. Forget about it. Fedora

Hello Steve,

Robert A.M. Stephens here. Got sent over here from all the folks there at COW. Mailbox is flooded at 'behold' with folks suggesting strongly that I purview this forum as well as COW.

As per your data above, you are correct on all counts, as you know. Lockdown is tight as it is on the new Jurassic Park installment and the next Star Trek 7 movie (I am doing the FX on that as well as IJ4)

There are no negotiations for the aftermarket fedora from LucasFilms at this time and there will not be for some 12 months or more from now.

Your hat is being considered strongly, as you know, for IJ 4,5,6, and your hat you have provided for Harrison Ford as a gift is being scheduled now. Either I will present it on set, or Steve Nxxxxx re: Production, IJ4, will.

Hope this is helpful to everyone here.

Thank you,

Robert

Paramount FX
Particle Motion Dynamic FX
www.behold-the-rage.com

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
The thread has been reopened and the offending posts removed.
Please stay on topic.

Last edited:

Robert Stephens

Aaron,

Thank you for reopening this thread as well as the others. Well done. These are great topic discussions too.

On that subject, IJ4 is dispersing 2nd unit crews to location shootings, as well as production data underway in the US. For fun, since there are storyboards for IJ 5, and 6 as well, would folks like to speculate what those two installments will/would entail for a story?

Thanks again for opening this up, Aaron.

Robert

Paramount FX
Particle Motion Dynamic FX
www.behold-the-rage.com

IJ 5 and 6.... man, all those possibilities. :D
I know this has been covered in a lot of movies already but I'd love to see something involving time travel. No, not that Indy really goes back in time, but maybe that he's looking for some kinda artefact that would allow him to do so.
Well that's just me because I like time travel in general... but I have faith in everything Spielberg and Lucas can come up with and as long as Harrison gets to play Indy, I'll be happy.