Someone's Indy 4 Trailer..

FordFan

I was overlooking the boards at IMDB and this bloke had a really good idea for a trailer. So I think I'll share with you what was on his mind:

Imagine this: Mists enshroud the silver screen. We hear snippets of dialog coming from different directions.
"Throw me the idol. No time to argue. Throw me idol, I'll throw you the whip."
"Give me the whip!"
"Adiós señor!"
A narrating voice can be heard:
"As long as there have been evil, there has been heroism."
The mists start to clear up. We can see a city in darkness. We hear new snippets of dialog as we descend from the skies:
"You're gonna get killed chasing after your damn fortune and glory!"
"Maybe, but not today."
Again we hear the narrating voice:
"As long as there has been danger, there has been adventure."
Now we can see that we are zooming in on some kind of museum. Again, we hear voices:
"I believe in the Grail, not the Swastika."
"You stood up to be counted with the enemies of everything the Grail stands for. Who gives a damn what you believe?"
As we get closer we can read the name of the museum: The American history museum. All is silent. Then the picture turns black. Then we can see a hallway, and at the end of it there is an piedestal enclosed in glass. On it lies a hat and a bullwhip. Again the picture turns black, and we can hear the narrator:
"As long as there have been legend, there has been...Indiana Jones."
We can hear a crash, and alarms going off. We can then see that the glass on the piedestal had bben smashed and the hat and whip are missing. Then the John Williams soundtrack starts to play and we can read: Indiana Jones 4, coming to you in July 2005!

Canyon

That was good, that was very very good...

Woah! I love it! I absolutely LOVE it!!! :D

What a GREAT idea for a trailer. Y'know I was thinking that the trailer would have to be something pretty spectacular. This is a great way of almost reintroducing the character, not only for us Indy fans, but for those out there who may have only heard of Indy, or even people who remember the films from years ago.

I especially love the part where it says:
"As long as there have been legend, there has been...Indiana Jones."

Absolutely fantasic... ;)

I have just one word: AWESOME!!!
If this trailer showed up, I would flip out...

I LOVE IT!!! (and wish it was real)

PoorMarcus

Thats cool and all but why would Indy's hat and whip be in a piedestal at the museum and why would he have to steal them back

Finn

Staff member
Prolly not a trailer, but just a teaser... and it does not have to have anything to do with the actual plot of Indy IV... just symbolize the return and tell us that the man with the hat is back.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Great idea!
Another way to do it would be the camera moving through the hallways of a museum, passing the various artifacts that Indy has or even has not retrieved...the Ark, Grail, etc....while the snippits are "talking" over. Then the camera stops at the fedora and whip.
Either way would be awesome!

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Am I the only one who doesn't like this idea?
It sounds to me as a perfect teaser for a superhero film about Batman or Spider-Man. Not Indiana Jones!

The whip & fedora on a pedestal enclosed in glass is something a society would do after they lost their super hero. Indy's no hero who always saves a city from a villain and gets the love of its citizens. Indy's a hero who does save the world but it's always done in a secret, low profile way. The citizens never know what happened. They don't even know who Indiana Jones is. Only the people in the archaeology business do. And they only admire Indy for his archaeological work.

BUT from the standpoint of us Indyfans, his fedora & whip do belong in a museum! Oh, but they already are, in the Smithsonian Museum!

Anyway, that is what comes to my mind when I read this teaser idea.

Finn

Staff member
Well, what about this?

A bit of a mix and re-shape of all the ideas: we move down the murky hallway, we see all the artefacts, we hear the speech snippets... but we also see a shadow of a man dancing on the walls of the hallway as he moves down it. In the end waits a coat rack, the whip and the fedora hanging from it. A hand reaches out to them and picks them up. Next thing we see is the doors in the end of the hallway open, a bright light emerges through, we see the all-too-familiar figure walking into the brightness as the Raider's March kicks in...

Last edited:

Gobi-1

Great idea. I suggest some fan film maker get to work on that teaser as soon as possible.

Finn

Staff member
I think the big plus with that teaser trailer is that you don't need Harrison Ford to make it reality.

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
Yeah, we can as well use our beloved Finn dressed up as Indy for that shot.
Would anybody notice it?