A few words on the filming experience by Spielberg himself

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I think it's hard to find a proper place for stuff like that. I put it into the Fluff news thread first. It's nothing earth shattering. It's more in the heartwarming category. But it comes straight from the Berg hilmself. It's more about the joy there is in making these movies (according to some people) than anything else. In the end I still opened an extra thread for it. Not for these five words to be scrutinized or worried about ("oh well, he says that after every movie he's made") but to just enjoy them. It's the snippet from 1:08 to 1:18.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qME2JCb3scU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qME2JCb3scU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Kingsley

If you hear Spielberg here... they didn't made it for the Fans... they made it for themselves. And that's ok. I prefer it that way.

metalinvader

trippweeder said:
If they had a great time, we'll have a great time. Spielberg is an honest man. Only 48hrs to go...(y)

For me,It was very heart warming to hear that none of them wanted it to end.This is going to be a great movie,I can feel it.

48 hours...That's a walk in the park....Hard to believe in 48 hours we will be here talking about the trailer..:D

commontone

I'm glad nobody's said yet, "Of course he said that, it's not like he'd say anything negative about the movie he just made." Those people can just shut up anyway. It's really obvious to me from the video that he was speaking from the heart. Spielberg seems like a pretty sincere person to me anyway, but in this vid he had just won an award, was very humble and grateful, and I fully believe his words. It's really cool to hear him say that.

Spielberg: We didn't want it to end.
Indyfans: Well don't, then. Knock off another movie for us.
Spielberg: But we don't have a script.
Indyfans: That's okay, we'll overlook that. Make it up as you go along.
Spielberg: Oh, okay then. But just for you guys.

That's what I'm gonna dream tonight. (y)

Darth Vile

Good signs. A lot of people undervalue/underplay the importance of heart within a movie i.e. they believe a movie has heart when it actually doesn't. If you get a director, a producer and a bunch of actors who all believe in the movie they are making, have a good time making it and don't want the experience to end... you end up with a movie which has lots of heart. Of course "heart" alone doesn't make a great movie, but it helps and is certainly preferable to the cynical cash in's that Hollywood spew out every year.

Zorg

Darth Vile said:
Good signs. A lot of people undervalue/underplay the importance of heart within a movie i.e. they believe a movie has heart when it actually doesn't. If you get a director, a producer and a bunch of actors who all believe in the movie they are making, have a good time making it and don't want the experience to end... you end up with a movie which has lots of heart. Of course "heart" alone doesn't make a great movie, but it helps and is certainly preferable to the cynical cash in's that Hollywood spew out every year.

I agree. The heart thing is something all the previous films had. It's the reason why they're still so fun to watch.

G-Man

jtobin13 said:
thanks you toroa

what is previs???

Previs is short for Pre-visualisation. Basically whole sequences of the movie are planned out using computers. Basic CGI animation blocks out the sets and actors and the director can see the camera angles/moves...

It's kinda like storyboarding, which used to be used extensively for scenes, especially action sequences, this has now moved onto the quick and dirty CGI which shows more than the flat artwork of story boarding.