A posh historical drama tied to Indy, but no one knows it but harcore fans

I've always thought it would be neat to make a movie about Vickie Prentiss later in life, played by Elizabeth Hurley. (She was undoubtedly Indy's best love interest in YIJC.) Like, it would be cool if it was made as an Oscar-bait type movie about this fictional icon of the women's rights movement, and have her taken out of her element to do an Indy-esque adventure in the 30s or 40s, but here's the kicker:

Indiana Jones is never directly mentioned, but is vaguely alluded to. The movie would be akin to Soldier's connection to Blade Runner.

michael

Funny this thread pops up as I just rewatched The Kings Speech (if we're talking Oscar bait British themed 😅)

Vickie truly was something else. Sad we only got one episode with her.

I wonder why Lucas never had Indy try to meet up with her after the war. Granted he was a changed person and so was she....but I'm a romantic at heart and so was Young Indy.

Finn

Staff member
A raw and gritty survival drama about an old German man whose car was stolen while he was changing one of its tires. Details his long and arduous journey back to civilization and his growing thirst for vengeance for the men who stole his car.
Just here to point out that the fellow in question was hardly German. The kind of landscape that chase took place in exists nowhere in Germany. While it's never stated where exactly they were, based on the aforementioned landscape plus slight cultural cues, such as the way the old guy is dressed, the likely answer is somewhere in the Balkans. (The actual shooting location was Spain.)

The Lone Raider

Just here to point out that the fellow in question was hardly German. The kind of landscape that chase took place in exists nowhere in Germany. While it's never stated where exactly they were, based on the aforementioned landscape plus slight cultural cues, such as the way the old guy is dressed, the likely answer is somewhere in the Balkans. (The actual shooting location was Spain.)
Makes enough sense. I didn't know how far away the zeppelin was from the airport by the time it started to turn around.

Notwithstanding, I am still proud of my pitch.

Randy_Flagg

A raw and gritty survival drama about an old German man whose car was stolen while he was changing one of its tires. Details his long and arduous journey back to civilization and his growing thirst for vengeance for the men who stole his car.
Similarly, they could do a romcom about a couple in Sicily who experience a series of zany mishaps on their wedding day, including an old man randomly stealing their car.

Finn

Staff member
Then Luigi, the best man and local pilot who promised to take them on a flight around the island once the ceremony is over, vanishes somewhere when the reception's about to begin, and shows up the next day with the most BS explanation ever.

michael

Then Luigi, the best man and local pilot who promised to take them on a flight around the island once the ceremony is over, vanishes somewhere when the reception's about to begin, and shows up the next day with the most BS explanation ever.

So is Luigi the only rando to experience the ultimate macguffin ending in these movies and live to tell the tale?

I know the ending of TLC it's just the 4 heroes outside the temple, but did any of those soldiers make it out alive and live to tell the story?

Did they manage their escape after Sallah told them to get lost?

Finn

Staff member
So is Luigi the only rando to experience the ultimate macguffin ending in these movies and live to tell the tale?
I'd say a fair bit of randos survive the climax of ToD - all those British soldiers. A bunch of the Thuggees, too, as they end up getting arrested.

michael

yeah, thats true. and they have basically been experiencing that 'magic' for quite some time.

Finn

Staff member
I know the ending of TLC it's just the 4 heroes outside the temple, but did any of those soldiers make it out alive and live to tell the story?
A fair bit of enemy mooks are at least not directly shown to die - most of the Hatay soldiers flee before the place starts collapsing and a couple of the Nazis just fall out of frame instead of falling into the chasm that opens.

They're obviously not around anymore as Indy and co make it out. And if they did make it out, they were kind enough to leave Indy and his group's horses alone. Although, it doesn't mean they just started hoofing it - since the bad guys obviously made it to the temple, we can assume they had their vehicles parked somewhere within walking distance.

But, yeah, if we only count those who are unquestionably shown to survive, then they don't count.