Anybody here feel self conscious when buying Indy merchandise in stores?

Paul2572

Falcon said:
Heck, I'm a granddad and don't feel self-conscious about buying toys at all. For all they know, you could be buying them for a child or grandchild.

I don't care at all. It's funny I have 2 boys and another on the way, I'm sure most of the time they think the toys are meant for them. Except one day my son kinda out loud said "hey dad are you wanting this for your collection" pointing to the 12 inch talking Indy.

deckard24

Nurhachi1991 said:
Funny story I was in Target today looking for the LC figures and I saw the adventure heroes I did not own the German Mechanic Indy two pack and I figured eh I will buy them. I'm at the register and Mr. Joe Cool walks up behind me with his girlfriend and looks at me and says really loud " Someone really needs to get laid" and his girlfriend was laughing. Now this kid was abut my age maybe a year older and I was bigger than him so I said right back. Yeah maybe your Girlfriend can help me with that it looks like shes been around the track. The guy just goes "' Oh your really funny" and he walked off.
LMAO!! Nurhachi1991, you just got a whole book of cool points!:hat:

RyuX13

I just bought my first set of Indy Adventure Heroes today and I gotta admit, while browsing at the Indy-crammed shelves of our Wal-Mart...I felt a little strange. Anyone that came into that isle gave me a weird glance(either it was because a seventeen year old girl was browsing through Indy stuff or it was my scorpion necklace that caught their attention.) Eventually I said to myself,"What the heck. I have the right to collect. And from the looks of things, nobody is buyin' them so I might as well." I also came across this Indiana Jones Monopoly board, but it was $30.

HellofaSandwich

I normally don't feel too self-conscious because I keep things restrained (you won't see me with a grocery cart full of Indy merchandise anytime soon). But today I picked up a Raiders Indy figure and waited in a loooong line at the cashier. When it was finally my turn, the cashier had to do a price check over the intercom for it, holding up the line big time. I admit that I felt a bit embarrassed. :eek:

Errex

HellofaSandwich said:
I normally don't feel too self-conscious because I keep things restrained (you won't see me with a grocery cart full of Indy merchandise anytime soon). But today I picked up a Raiders Indy figure and waited in a loooong line at the cashier. When it was finally my turn, the cashier had to do a price check over the intercom for it, holding up the line big time. I admit that I felt a bit embarrassed. :eek:

Kind of telling, Isn't it?.;)

I mean. sometimes I go to WalMart, browse around a little, and head back to the register with only ONE basic figure in hand, willing to get in line and sometimes picking up a soda or a bag of chips while waiting my turn.

indyclone25

my local comic shop holds everything indy til i come in the next week then asks me if i want the item i take what i want which is mostly all --- they even gave me the dark horse poster of indy ---which was sweet and today after going into burger king in my hat and indy t-shirts all last month the finally gave me the buger king indy poster and the standee of the instant prize contest --- that was awesome ---so being known as a indy geek has worked out for me

DetectiveFork

RyuX13 said:
I just bought my first set of Indy Adventure Heroes today and I gotta admit, while browsing at the Indy-crammed shelves of our Wal-Mart...I felt a little strange. Anyone that came into that isle gave me a weird glance(either it was because a seventeen year old girl was browsing through Indy stuff or it was my scorpion necklace that caught their attention.) .

Maybe it was just guys checking you out. :)

But I know what you mean. People do stare, but what's to say you're not shopping for a birthday present for a brother or something like that?

RyuX13

DetectiveFork said:
But I know what you mean. People do stare, but what's to say you're not shopping for a birthday present for a brother or something like that?

Thats very true. But, if anybody asked me..I'd probably tell the truth.:cool:

"Bellosh"

Has anyone ever gone to TRU with one of those Nose-mustache-glasses things on that you find at Carnival supply places????:confused:

DetectiveFork

RyuX13 said:
Thats very true. But, if anybody asked me..I'd probably tell the truth.:cool:

I respect that. I've been honest about it when asked sometimes in the past, sometimes not.

The best instance though is when I was clearly checking out toys, an attractive girl started asking me about what she should buy her nephew from the Pirates of Caribbean line, I clearly knew what I was talking about, and she was still hitting on me. I let it slip by, though, because I have a girlfriend and was being good.

indyclone25

DetectiveFork said:
I respect that. I've been honest about it when asked sometimes in the past, sometimes not.

The best instance though is when I was clearly checking out toys, an attractive girl started asking me about what she should buy her nephew from the Pirates of Caribbean line, I clearly knew what I was talking about, and she was still hitting on me. I let it slip by, though, because I have a girlfriend and was being good.

doh!!!! well thats a good thing but it's always nice to make a new friend --lol

Nurhachi1991

I was at Walmart looking for LC figures and I bump into a girl that I like she was with her younger brother and I was looking through the figures swearing up a storm because they did not have any LC figures. She came up to me and I was like ".....................hi" and I got the hell out of there.