Votes: 28 41.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • 41+

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters

Gear

DocWhiskey said:
Speaking of creepy and awkward, I used to(still do really) have a huge crush on Karen Allen when I was a kid. My cousin and I were looking through old family photo albums a few years back and I realized my mother looked A LOT like Karen when she was younger.

Bet that burned.

... Say, uh, Pictures? Maybe I could make a YouTube vid?

I'm totally kidding, man.

tambourineman

Id say the average age of viewers is much older for Skull than it was for the other three movies as there's a lof of Indy fans that have been around now for over 20 years.

Anyway, 27, liked it a lot.

Uki

I am 27 and I absolutely LOVED KOTCS. My girlfriend is 24; she liked it quite a bit as well. "It was fun and a good tribute to Harrison Ford's character.," she said, just now. :hat:
My parents liked it a lot also, and they're 53.
My best friend is 29 and he loved it, too.
Oh, and I teach a Pre-K class of 4-5 year olds. Those that actually got to see it liked it a lot!

GershwinJones

Amazing.

I am 17 and I believe that this film was not only the greatest film achievement of 2008...but one of my favorite films of all time. I love the Indy series as a whole.

I really hate dealing with the haters and I have had a rough year fighting them off. I do feel that I have been successful though, no hater has won an argument and I have even converted over some. Anyway, this is my first post on here...so...everyone take care.

Oh! Please watch my fan-made Indy 4 trailer on youtube!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kztt6gycLd4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kztt6gycLd4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:whip:

muttjones

16. Loved it at first then watched it again and realise that it was a piece of crap. poorly written, overly long action sequences and too little character development. still was enjoyable but after watching for a third time i became quite frustrated with it.

GershwinJones said:
I am 17 and I believe that this film was not only the greatest film achievement of 2008...but one of my favorite films of all time. I love the Indy series as a whole.

wow. you actually think it was the greatest film of 2008. question: does it rank higher than the indy trilogy in your opinion?

GershwinJones said:
I really hate dealing with the haters and I have had a rough year fighting them off. I do feel that I have been successful though, no hater has won an argument and I have even converted over some. Anyway, this is my first post on here...so...everyone take care.

you must have been talking to haters who just focused on the aliens and the cgi. am i right? here's where you'll find "haters" who really know what's going on ;)

oh and btw sweet trailer and welcome to The Raven! :D

Last edited:

StoneTriple

GershwinJones said:

Welcome aboard, kid.

If you had to pick...

Rhapsody in Blue or Piano Concerto in F?
;)

GershwinJones

Answers!!!

muttjones, to answer you questions...

First, I think that Indy 4 fits in with the originals perfectly. My favorite one is Raiders (my favorite film of all time) and then I see the other three as blood brother equals. The Indy series are my all time favorite films.

I talked to all sorts of haters. I have dealt with some who have no reasons, some who hate the aliens, cgi, script, etc... It really varies. The worst place for me to visit is IMDB....those people are relentless with picking on this movie.

and thanks for the compliment on the trailer. :hat:

And to StoneTriple...thanks for the warm welcome and if I had to choose I would pick Rhapsody in Blue...

How about you? If you had to choose...

An American In Paris or I Got Rhythm

:gun:

StoneTriple

GershwinJones said:
and if I had to choose I would pick Rhapsody in Blue...

How about you? If you had to choose...

An American In Paris or I Got Rhythm

An American In Paris. Much deeper, to the point of being almost surreal. To put it in rock & roll terminology, An American In Paris is akin to prog (Genesis, Yes).

I like his straight-forward work, but it's his deeper pieces like Rhapsody & Paris where you really see just how incredibly talented he was.

GershwinJones

I like his straight-forward work, but it's his deeper pieces like Rhapsody & Paris where you really see just how incredibly talented he was.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way. His straight forward and fun "tunes" are certainly a treat but his songs like Rhapsody and An American are simply masterpieces.

So, I m new on here...could you tell me how to get a photo up...like everyone else....thanks.

GershwinJones

StoneTriple said:
An American In Paris. Much deeper, to the point of being almost surreal. To put it in rock & roll terminology, An American In Paris is akin to prog (Genesis, Yes).

I like his straight-forward work, but it's his deeper pieces like Rhapsody & Paris where you really see just how incredibly talented he was.

I feel the exact same way. His straight forward and fun "tunes" are certainly a treat but his songs like Rhapsody in Blue and An American in Paris are simply masterpieces.

So, I'm new on here...could you tell me how to get a photo up...like everyone else....thanks.

caats

you need 100 posts. i think it was 100. i was wondering that till i noticed everyone with pictures had 100+ posts

StoneTriple

gear guardian said:
Oh, snap...

Wait for it.

You mean our Resident boy wonder to show his ***?

No thanks.

Gersh, you need 100 posts to have an avatar and you need a photo hosting site for images you want to use in your posts.

lao che & sons

I was 12 years old (13 now)when I went to see Kingdom of the crystal skull :cool: the day after its release. Back then I was kind of an Indy fan, but not as much as I am now. I just wish I could've hit the stores on may 1:(
Are there any other young Indy fans out there?:confused:
:whip: :gun: :sleep: