Best/worst adventure on Emperor's tomb

Tennessee R

I like to play all of peng lai lagoon and peng lai mtns. on hard. It makes it a chalenge.

Least favorite, Nah, there ain't one my freind. ;)

Randy_Flagg

Von Beck's Revenge is the worst for me, as it's the only level that I had to skip out of sheer frustration.

The Best? I'm not sure. I liked Prague and Istanbul a lot. Some of Istanbul reminded me a lot of Tomb Raider, which is a good thing. The mountain levels were quite good too, though, so it's a toss up.

MP3

Gotta love "Istanbul Breakout" (first Istanbul level) - not sure why, but it rocks. ;)

"Von Beck's Revenge" (last Emperor's Tomb level) takes the cake for being the worst, but is in close competition with "The Pillars of the Underworld" (first Netherworld Level).

Randy_Flagg

Oh yeah, I forgot about "Pillars of The Underworld." Yeah, that one sucked too. Two sucky levels in a row... wow. Actually, I really didn't care much for the whole ending to the game-- it felt less and less like an Indy adventure, and got more and more annoying. The final boss wasn't so bad, but it felt nothing like an Indiana Jones adventure.

War Eagle

MP3 said:
Gotta love "Istanbul Breakout" (first Istanbul level) - not sure why, but it rocks. ;)

"Von Beck's Revenge" (last Emperor's Tomb level) takes the cake for being the worst, but is in close competition with "The Pillars of the Underworld" (first Netherworld Level).

Tell, me about it. I'm there now (pillars) and its tedious as hell.

War Eagle

Thanks, but I'm through, and now ignoring Wu Han and spending the "evening" with Whats-her-name. ;) :D

I finally figured out you had to turn the pillars in a certain order... duh.

Katarn07

I loved this game and it was actually my first game I had gotten for my XBOX (after I had beated Blockbuster's copy :))

My least favorites are:

The one where you sneak around the German outpost and there are alarms all over. I hate stealth and was so pissed to see Indy had a level like that in there. Took me a good week to beat. Also, the last levels before confronting the bad guy (forgot his name) were very poor and I was very upset at how rushed the conclusion seemed :(

The rest were excellent :D

I did like Von Beck's revenge. It took me a solid hour to actually shut the XBOX off for a telephone break and then another 30 minutes to beat it. That's the longest I've ever spent on an XBOX game straight through like that so it actually tells you something of how thrilling it was for some....

[Edited by Matthias1138 on 02-02-2004 at 06:09 pm]

nOOb

i liked ceylon, prague, istanbul and hong kong.

most of penglai wasnt much fun, and neither was the emperors tomb/netherworld.

sorta wish there were more stages set in hong kong, cause that level was over awful fast.
there also should have been a level in egypt, and maybe south america, with more traps and not as many bad guys.

dalilovr

I don't know bout you but my favorite was Prague. Prague! PRAGUE! MWAHAHAHA! I also like Istanbul levels 1-3, and enjoyed Hong Kong and the Black Dragon Fortress. And the catacombs.

Penglai SUCKS. BAD.

The Dali Dude

whipem

Worst would have to be the first level in the Emperor's Tomb (the location, not the game). In my opinion, the Istanbul Breakout level was the best -- it feels just like a movie scene.
P.S.- I actually liked Von Beck's Revenge...

whipem

whipem816 said:
Worst would have to be the first level in the Emperor's Tomb (the location, not the game).
I know it's weird to quote myself, but I wanted to explain. The orbs that emit lightning were VERY annoying -- I kept dying at that part.

Tom Jones

nOOb said:
sorta wish there were more stages set in hong kong, cause that level was over awful fast.
there also should have been a level in egypt, and maybe south america, with more traps and not as many bad guys.
I felt the same way playing through, it's almost as if Hong Kong was an after thought that was thrown into the game at the last minute.

I also agree with you nOOb, there should have been a level in Egypt, preferably Cairo. Wouldn't that be something, being able to run around the streets of Cairo? :D