Christy's Indy Hat?

Innis

I am relatively new to collecting Indy gear but I've been thinking of getting the "Adventurer" Fedora from Christy's but I need some help on getting the order right. I'm assuming "Brown Mix" is the proper colour to choose? Is the ribbon correct? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

eazybox

Innis said:
I am relatively new to collecting Indy gear but I've been thinking of getting the "Adventurer" Fedora from Christy's but I need some help on getting the order right. I'm assuming "Brown Mix" is the proper colour to choose? Is the ribbon correct? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

In comparing my Christys to my old Herbert Johnson Poets, I have found Light Sable to be the closest match to the film color, with Sable being the next closest; the ribbon is close enough in color but not exact, and can be hit or miss in the bow work.

Jack

Innis

Thanks Eazybox! Since my pasting I've read elsewhere that most people say "Sable" is the closest colour ... is there a noticable difference between Sable and Light Sable? Also can anyone comment on the turn around time for one of these hats to ship to Canada? Thanks!

eazybox

Innis said:
Thanks Eazybox! Since my pasting I've read elsewhere that most people say "Sable" is the closest colour ... is there a noticable difference between Sable and Light Sable? Also can anyone comment on the turn around time for one of these hats to ship to Canada? Thanks!

Light Sable is still a little darker than any of my HJ's, which means Sable would be darker still; so going by that, Light Sable is the most accurate. But Sable is OK too, because there seems to be only a slight difference between the two shades. Some people also seem to favor the Cork color.

It should only take a week or two to receive the hat.

Jack

Innis

Thank you again for your help! I decided on getting the sable because it was the only one I could find pics of but then I finally found pics of the light sable and now I wish I would have ordered it instead :(

penman hats

Innis said:
Thank you again for your help! I decided on getting the sable because it was the only one I could find pics of but then I finally found pics of the light sable and now I wish I would have ordered it instead :(

I wouldn't worry to much, the color is a roll of the dies. Thats why some will tell you light sable and other will tell you sable.