Climbing out of the map room 12"

hemble

HI All

Well I'm back and got straight into the customizing I hope everyone had a great xmas and a great new year.

When the Sideshow Toys Indy first hit the stores I picked myself up a few of them and decided to do a few diorama's with them as there such a fantastic great looking figure. But as we customizers know things need that little extra detailing or that little extra something to make it unique.

Thats why I opted to do Indy in robes from ROTLA and have the scene were Sallah throws Indy down the make shift rope using sheets and a swastika so he can climb out of the map room.

RECIPE

1: Body - The whole figure from head to toe is the SideShow Toys Indy body, The body is so loose the only thing that I could do to it is superglue all the joints and use it for a diorama. The head is the best sculpt I've seen of Harrison in this scale.

2: Shirt, Pants & Bag - Are from Sideshow Toys, they have been given a slight wash to tone down the colours.

3: Robes - The robes are left over material I had from another Map room Indy I did a while back, so instead of sewing this outfit I used material glue as it wasn't going to be moved around like the last one.

4: Flag & Sheets - Are made from the some material as the robes, the white sheets were cut to size and glued to the coat hanger that holds them up about 6 inchs above Indy's head giving the impression they are dangling so he can climb out.
They were given a spray of matt white once they were in place. The Swastika emblem was hand drawn and then painted over with vallejo paints.

5: Base - The base I got from a craft shop for $3, the fallen stones are foam pieces which have been cut and pulled apart to get the desired look. They were then covered in plaster of paris mixed with woodglue (PVA) and fine sand as was the base.
The base was left to dry for a few hours and then the stones were painted and them more fine sand was added to the base to give it more depth.

mro1.jpg

mro2.jpg

mro3.jpg

mro4.jpg

mro5.jpg

mro6.jpg

Ron