Coen Brothers Best Film?

Chicago Jones

I was looking at my Coen Bros. collection and it dawned on me that it is nearly impossible for me to pin point what my favorite film is of theirs.

It is between Fargo, O Brother..., or Big Lebowski or Burn After...

In my opinion they are the best writters in Hollywoodland.

Any Coen Brother fans on Raiders?

DocWhiskey

No Country for Old Men, Man Who Wasn't There, and Big Lebowski are my favorites.

Serious Man looks like it'll be great too/

Chicago Jones

DocWhiskey said:
No Country for Old Men, Man Who Wasn't There, and Big Lebowski are my favorites.

Serious Man looks like it'll be great too/

Serious Man does look good. Man Who Wasn't there was great also. I recently saw Barton Fink but couldn't get into it...which pissed me off cause I was really looking forward to it

Lance Quazar

Big Lebowski is my personal favorite, but very high on my list are Barton Fink, Fargo, No Country for Old Men and the wildly underrated The Man Who Wasn't There.

They're extraordinary filmmakers, true originals in every sense.

Chicago Jones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I know that I may catch flak for this, but "O' Brother Where Art Thou?" is my favorite.

O brother where art Thou is a great movie! Fits well with the rest of the "idiot films" they do, Burn After, Fargo etc...

Jack Nelligan

O Brother Where Art Thou was my favorite, and they filmed much of it right down the road from my house. I had several freinds that were extras in the movie and I even ate breakfast with Clooney.

Stoo

Yeah, "Raising Arizona". I saw in the theatre, thought it was great and still love it! My top 3:

1) Fargo
2) Raising Arizona
3) The Big Lebowski

Honourable Mention: "The Hudscuker Proxy" (I couldn't get into "O Brother" and haven't seen "Burn After Reading" yet!:eek:)

Chicago Jones

Stoo said:
Yeah, "Raising Arizona". I saw in the theatre, thought it was great and still love it! My top 3:

1) Fargo
2) Raising Arizona
3) The Big Lebowski

Honourable Mention: "The Hudscuker Proxy" (I couldn't get into "O Brother" and haven't seen "Burn After Reading" yet!:eek:)

I actually never got to watch Hudscuker Proxy. I shall view this picture!

Stoo

It's a quirky one but if you like Coen Bros. you should enjoy it. (BTW, I spelled "Hudsucker" wrong!:eek:)

One that I definitely want to re-visit is "Blood Simple". Rented it after seeing "Raising Arizona" but hardly remember anything.

Jack Nelligan

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I forgot about another one.
Raising Arizona ranks tied with O' Brother Where Art Thou?

Forgot aout that one too! Raising Arizona is too funny!

Still like O' Brother just a little better.