Crossing Over

deckard24

Yeah both KOTCS and Crossing Over look to be a return to form for Ford! It's been a real disappointment over the last 10 years or so that his talent has been wasted on such lousy films! I'd love to see a new career direction for Ford as he approaches his 70's, with him taking on roles again that show his acting chops like Allie Fox in The Mosquito Coast and John Book in Witness!

It's true that by having a January release date his odds of Oscar gold diminsh!(n)

Dr.Sartorius

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this trailer for almost a year...:eek:

Looks very promising. The movie better not be delayed any further.:mad:

Does anyone have a download link so we can save it?

sandiegojones

The Man said:
Sean Penn is a piece of sh!t.

The trailer looks okay, but nothing great. It appears to walk the fine line between both point of views. Obviously Penn doesn't want a fair movie.

Immigration is a big problem and although many come here for the right reasons and want an opportunity and are willing to work hard, there are almost as many who come over and commit crimes, some of them very violent. Those of us that live in border states (especially AZ, CA, NM and TX) know. I hear almost daily of kidnappings and violent crimes associated with illegal aliens. Still, the police and border patrol don't handle these situations properly either.

Forbidden Eye

sandiegojones said:
Sean Penn is a piece of sh!t.

I completely concur. The man has always been a liberal zealot defending his choices as "art", yet when something fair comes along, he feels a need to bash America and paint the middle-easterns as these poor innocent victims. Total untalented hypocrite. (n)

I'm most down about Ford in all this. I'm quite interested in his cut of the movie just to see why Harvey Weinstein(yuck) wouldn't even give it a chance.

The Man

Yes, this movie is - IS! - on its way. Sometime...

crossingoverfinal1.jpg

deckard24

The Man said:
Yes, this movie is - IS! - on its way. Sometime...

crossingoverfinal1.jpg
Wow, what a disappointing poster! Floating heads with serious faces...really, they couldn't come up with anything better? And man have they photoshopped Ford's wrinkles and signs of age, they even touched up his scar a bit!:confused:

A lesser film than Crash? Is that possible? Wasn't Crash just a shameless rip-off of Amores Perros anyway?

I figured this would blow when I first heard about it... now I'm fairly convinced. And all these comparisons to the horrendous, racist, preachy POS that was Crash (or as I like to call it, notCrash as Crash is actually a 1996 film by David Cronenberg, not a Paul Haggis affront), only solidify my disinterest.

The Man

ResidentAlien said:
A lesser film than Crash? Is that possible? Wasn't Crash just a shameless rip-off of Amores Perros anyway?

I figured this would blow when I first heard about it... now I'm fairly convinced. And all these comparisons to the horrendous, racist, preachy POS that was Crash (or as I like to call it, notCrash as Crash is actually a 1996 film by David Cronenberg, not a Paul Haggis affront), only solidify my disinterest.

Didn't they try to spin a TV series out the Haggis Crash with Dennis Hopper..?

The Man

ResidentAlien said:
Haven't seen.

You might like it. Besides, as L.A. race-relation movies go, it's superior to Crash*...

*True, that wouldn't be difficult. I didn't quite hate it, but it's a deeply twee and silly affair...

deckard24

Colors wasn't bad at all, and I agree that Crash was overrated! Now Cronenberg's film on the other hand is a whole seperate beast, and in a league of its own!

I've been hoping for sometime that Crossing Over would be Ford's return to his Witness/Mosquito Coast days, and the reviews thankfully indicate there's a bit of that old spark still left! Hopefully though he'll pick some other interesting roles in the next few years and not return to films like Firewall and Hollywood Homicide!

Montana Smith

A so-so film.

Too many inter-connected stories to really care that much about any of the individuals. A symbolic cross-section of the problems of immigration.

Harrison was adequate, as he always seems to be in these kind of roles. At least for this one world weary suited him.

Movie could have done with more naked totty and a lot less of that awful rendition of the national anthem!