Dancing with the Stars

InexorableTash

Sorry. Really sorry. I want to wash my brain out with bleach now. But duty compels me to post.

We flipped on the DVR to watch Castle and it had caught the last few seconds of (the US version of) Dancing With The Stars, recapping the performances. Apparently, tonight's theme was "movie scores" and... yes, you guessed it. David Arquette and Kym Johnson were dancing to a disco version of The Raiders March. David was wearing a TOD-esque ripped safari outfit. Then my eyes started to bleed and we ran away gibbering.

Oh, you Wikipedians.

Montana Smith

InexorableTash said:
Sorry. Really sorry. I want to wash my brain out with bleach now. But duty compels me to post.

We flipped on the DVR to watch Castle and it had caught the last few seconds of (the US version of) Dancing With The Stars, recapping the performances. Apparently, tonight's theme was "movie scores" and... yes, you guessed it. David Arquette and Kym Johnson were dancing to a disco version of The Raiders March. David was wearing a TOD-esque ripped safari outfit. Then my eyes started to bleed and we ran away gibbering.

Oh, you Wikipedians.

The UK version of this show is also now enough to make your head implode/explode/melt!

Behold! It's Indiana Jones!

David-Arquette-and-Kym-Johnson-Paso-Doble-Dancing-with-the-Stars.jpg

Forbidden Eye

InexorableTash said:
Sorry. Really sorry.

Not sure why. If it weren't for you, this thread and information may never have been brought to TheRaider.net's attention.

To be honest, I get filled with joy to see Indiana Jones represented anywhere, even if its in a medium I don't particularly care for. So thanks!

InexorableTash

Huh. It's more of a straight-up rendition of the March than I thought. David also gets a decent whip crack in. Objections dropped!

Stoo

Forbidden Eye said:
To be honest, I get filled with joy to see Indiana Jones represented anywhere, even if its in a medium I don't particularly care for. So thanks!
In that case, Forbidden Eye, if you (or anyone else) feel like torturing yourself, check out the Indy on Ice thread. Maybe you've already read it but there's a video of a Figure Skating Indy and another with a Male Stripper Indy.:eek:

Here is a relevant post from Violet in that thread, November 2009:
Violet said:
Actually, that isn't quite true. I should have mentioned this before. This year, on the Australian version of Dancing with the Stars, the blind contestant and his partner, did Paso Doble to "Raiders March." It was pretty bad, though the good news is they didn't dress up as Indy and Marion. :eek:

Don't know if there's a video of it on the net though.

Daley

Call me crazy, but I quite enjoyed it too! Not as cringe-worthy as I had anticipated...plus it's always interesting to see an Indy reference like this - who ever thought we'd get the Raiders March on DWTS. With David Arquette, no less :cool:

Thanks for the link, it was fun :)