Dated Movies

Raiders90

What are some really dated movies which were made from 1990-1998 which show some of the more dated fashion/hair/cars or clothing styles?
Like for example, a movie made say in 1990 which shows a character using one of the huge cell phones from that era or a movie which has characters with mullets or Heavy Metal.
Same goes for the years 1980-1989 (as in what are some dated movies from that era) and 1970-1979

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
What are some really dated movies which were made from 1990-1998 which show some of the more dated fashion/hair/cars or clothing styles?
Like for example, a movie made say in 1990 which shows a character using one of the huge cell phones from that era or a movie which has characters with mullets or Heavy Metal.
Same goes for the years 1980-1989 (as in what are some dated movies from that era) and 1970-1979

Sigh. And what's wrong with 1999?

Anyhow, if you want a phone like that, Pacino's got one in <I>Glengarry Glen Ross</I>, which is worth seeing for reasons far behind the sociological.

The Magic Rat

Attila the Professor said:
Sigh. And what's wrong with 1999?

Anyhow, if you want a phone like that, Pacino's got one in <I>Glengarry Glen Ross</I>, which is worth seeing for reasons far behind the sociological.

I thought of that as well as Wall Street

jonesissparrow

The Andy Hardy movies love them but all the slang and the fashions of the 1930s hasn't been treated very well over the years and you can look at the films as an era of that has gone by.

By the way I thought of some similarities between Andy/Judge Hardy and Indy/Henry:

intframe1a.jpg

Jones_080513093715508_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Judge Hardy and Henry Jones, Sr. were both well bred men who were raised in the later half of the 19th century while there young and fast and furious sons, Andy and Indy were born in the early part of the 20th century so both set of men have ideas that are completely different hence the generational gap and I like how the judge and Henry can't seem to get the hang of American slang and phrases of the new century.

The Lavender Hill Mob I found a bit dated some reason.

The original Batman really shows that it was a product of the 1980s with the hairstyle and the Prince music.