Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Temple of Doom - Mine Cart chase

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Last Crusade - Tank sequence

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Jones

Tell you what, in the Raiders novel, you ain't half cheated from the truck chase, it's over in about 1 page!

I was looking forward to reliving that on paper!

:(

I do obviously love all three of the scenes mentioned above... but to me the mine cart chase in "Temple of Doom" is far superior to the other two. It's totally thrilling, incredibly fast paced and the scenography is absolutely fantastic!!
I think Spielberg has outdid himself with the direction of that scene. The shots are perfect, they let the action flow so smoothly that you simply can't get captured... and they also (excellently) manage to give extra size to the spectacular scenery surrounding the mine carts!!! :cool: :cool:

Regarding the truck chase in "Raiders"... I don't like it as much as the others... the stunts are epic and there are a couple of brilliant brainwaves (when Indy and the german soldier share a smile after they crashed into that sort of building site... and then Indy just punches the soldier in the face... :D LOL... total genius!!) but the general impression is that the scene runs TOO SLOW... don't know, it can't impress me very much... but great music, that's for sure!! ;)

The Man

The Stranger said:
I do obviously love all three of the scenes mentioned above... but to me the mine cart chase in "Temple of Doom" is far superior to the other two. It's totally thrilling, incredibly fast paced and the scenography is absolutely fantastic!!
I think Spielberg has outdid himself with the direction of that scene. The shots are perfect, they let the action flow so smoothly that you simply can't get captured... and they also (excellently) manage to give extra size to the spectacular scenery surrounding the mine carts!!! :cool: :cool:

Regarding the truck chase in "Raiders"... I don't like it as much as the others... the stunts are epic and there are a couple of brilliant brainwaves (when Indy and the german soldier share a smile after they crashed into that sort of building site... and then Indy just punches the soldier in the face... :D LOL... total genius!!) but the general impression is that the scene runs TOO SLOW... don't know, it can't impress me very much... but great music, that's for sure!! ;)

The truck chase now has a reputation it can't quite emulate, but the mine-car rollercoaster is brilliant and brilliantly crazy. Indy's response to "Water! Water!" is inspired comic gold.

GlasgowChivas

Truck - no question about it.

Indy draws to a stop at the top of the ridge, looks at the convoy below, a look of determination and wee bit of concern on his face and then jusy goes "**** it!" and gets in about it.

Class

I Hate Snakes!

It's a close one between the mine cart chase and the truck scene. In the truck scene, I believe that there was a Nazi who said "Schiza!" That is always a good laugh. But I'll give my vote to the mine cart scene since it could use my vote.

AHegele

I love the truck sequence.

I don't mind the mine car sequence, but its full of too many goofy gags and plays off of too many special effect model sots. I like Indy to stick with pure stunt action.

I absolutely love the tank sequence. The stunt of vic jumping on the tank alone is far more jaw dropping than anything the mine car chase produced.

Its a close one between the truck chase and the tank chase, i'll go with the tank chase.