Folks, check out this link!

Dene

Time Out, the London listings mag, have a Q & A with Harrison Ford in their TOMB ("Time Out Movie Blog") section in anticipation of this Friday's UK release of Firewall.

Read it here: http://www.timeout.com/film/news/1030.html.

But more especially, scroll down to the bottom of the page. And if you can't be bothered, here's the key text:

'Firewall' is released on Friday, when The TOMB will also have some exclusive news about 'Indiana Jones 4'.

qwerty

I think that it's better to wait till friday before we call this article a news. It is realy not about Indy IV.

Finn

Staff member
With any luck, their "exclusive" is something we talked about a month ago...

Dene

qwerty said:
I think that it's better to wait till friday before we call this article a news. It is realy not about Indy IV.
Eh? Of course it is!

Finn said:
With any luck, their "exclusive" is something we talked about a month ago...
"With any luck"?! Er...is this a bad thing, all told? I'm beginning to regret posting that link.

Finn

Staff member
Dene said:
"With any luck"?! Er...is this a bad thing, all told? I'm beginning to regret posting that link.
Sorry, missed a smilie there. My bad.

sushbone

No, i think it must be something like Ford saying "Well it has started." :)

come on come on come on Fordy say it!!! :whip:

Oh my god i really need some good news again.... ;)
Hoping for friday...

Dene

Well, it's Friday, and here's the article in question. There is some interesting stuff in here, but IMO the key phrase is "hoping to start filming before the end of the year". This makes sense, and allows for Spielberg having his 'year off' (although if he does decide to get going sooner than this all the better!).

Indiana Jones exclusive
Chris Tilly | Mar 31 2006

During The TOMB's recent audience with Harrison Ford, we got him to talk about the long-mooted Indiana Jones sequel that George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Ford himself have been discussing for years.

To begin with, he gave the usual party line, saying he was looking forward to making the pic and was hoping to start filming before the end of the year.

But when quizzed further, he told us a little bit about what we should expect from part four:

'Indiana Jones is going to be older' Ford explained, 'And the story will therefore take place in a different historical period of time. We are not going back to World War II and the Nazis but I think that it will be relatively the same type of tale - George's special mix of Saturday matinee western serial and crypto-spiritual sort of stuff.'

He continued: 'George is the one who generates these movies. Steven and I make them. We come on board after George has prescribed the territory.

'Sometimes we don't agree and there was one script in particular that I didn't like so it was back to the drawing board. Now, after however many years, I'm delighted that we have something that we all have confidence in.'

So we definitely won't have a 63-year-old Ford pretending to be 40-years-old again, which is a good thing, though I still can't help but feel that Indy riding off into the sunset at the end of 'Last Crusade' was the perfect way for the series to conclude, and that part four is a totally unnecessary addition to the franchise. What do you think?

Brody_Walker

Finn said:
Ehh... where's the new news?

While it may not bring anything NEW to proceedings, it is still a welcome update from HF. I don't think that what you've said Finn is quite necessary.

Thanks for the update.

Brody

Brody_Walker

Finn said:
Still, there's nothing groundbreaking here, is there?

of course not, but if that was said for every piece of news that showed up here, we'd have about 3 threads a year.

I just think that any news is welcomed...fair enough not posting info that is old, but this is still news by the fact that it is new information from a different source.

Put it this way, i'd rather someone post news here then be detered away just because it isn't anything ground breaking...

Brody

Finn

Staff member
It's a matter of presentation, my friend. My point just was that despite they weren't groundbreaking, they were presented in a way as they were.

But in other terms, I agree with you. Continue.