IESB.net 15 Minutes of Behind the Scenes Footage

CasualJeff

I appreciate what you're saying, but let's try not to turn this thread into yet another "it sucked!"/"it was great!" argument.

Those videos were amazing. I just wish the clips were a little longer. Seeing Lucas and Spielberg pal around on set was pretty cool. For some reason I was under the impression that Lucas didn't spend much time on set for this movie.

That looks like such a fun movie to work on! I can see why the pre-release hype was so strong from cast/crew on this movie. Compare it to behind-the-scenes shoots on the Star Wars prequels, where it looks like the most boring work ever. ("Ok, now walk in front of this blue screen. Cut. Now walk across this other blue screen. Ok, cut.")

Peacock's-Eye

CasualJeff said:
I appreciate what you're saying, but let's try not to turn this thread into yet another "it sucked!"/"it was great!" argument.

Those videos were amazing. I just wish the clips were a little longer. Seeing Lucas and Spielberg pal around on set was pretty cool. For some reason I was under the impression that Lucas didn't spend much time on set for this movie.

That looks like such a fun movie to work on! I can see why the pre-release hype was so strong from cast/crew on this movie. Compare it to behind-the-scenes shoots on the Star Wars prequels, where it looks like the most boring work ever. ("Ok, now walk in front of this blue screen. Cut. Now walk across this other blue screen. Ok, cut.")
Lucas never spent much time on the Indy sets.
He just pops in once and a while to see how things are panning out.

Also, as long as there are Trolls here, every single thread on this board will become a "rules/sucks" thread. That's why I have stopped directly commenting on the film.

muttjones

CasualJeff said:
Those videos were amazing. I just wish the clips were a little longer.

It said at the end of the last one: indianajones.com

I was surprised because I had watched all of the videos and none of them were remotely as long.

Mothy

Woopie. I'm not watching these. The film sucks, this will as well. The behind the scenes is not going to save it.

Mothy

Agent Z said:
Hey, that's the spirit! (y)
At least I am showing more spirit than the 'going through the motions' KOTCS. I have the passion for quality Indiana Jones, it is a shame they did not this time around.

Crusade>Raiders

We get it. You didn't like the movie. You haven't contributed nothing to this topic except once again complaining about Kingdom.

On-topic, those are some great videos, thanks for posting.

Rococo

Great BTS footage- though I'm surprised they actually surfaced before the film was released... though they were quite strategically muted and shot in some spots.

It was spoken of so frequently in interviews, but to see the obvious camaraderie between the cast and the crew was very nice. They truly did have a great time making the film, and that's just wonderful to see.

Agent Z

I am still searching for downloadable clips, cause I have a bad feeling these aren't making it on the dvd release. :(

TheMutt92

Saw these about a week before the movie came out. Gonna be interesting to watch it again and know exactly what the heck they were doing!

eshine

Mothy said:
At least I am showing more spirit than the 'going through the motions' KOTCS. I have the passion for quality Indiana Jones, it is a shame they did not this time around.
WE GET IT - YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE. WE UNDERSTAND. WE HAVE HEARD YOU SAY IT ENDLESSLY. AM I MAKING THIS CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU? WE KNOW THAT YOU DID NOT LIKE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL. WE KNOW THAT YOU THINK IT SUCKS. WE KNOW THAT IT HAS RUINED YOUR LIFE AND RAPED YOUR CHILDHOOD.

WE KNO WE KNOW WE KNOW!!!!!

Dude, seriously - move on with the rest of your life. You are making a fool of yourself at this point.

James

Rococo said:
It was spoken of so frequently in interviews, but to see the obvious camaraderie between the cast and the crew was very nice. They truly did have a great time making the film, and that's just wonderful to see.

One of my favorite clips is Spielberg talking with Ford about the "Water!! Water!!" gag in TOD.

Indyswede

Is it only me that is thinking, after watching these clips, that there is more to it, more violence, but it was cut out to suit the kiddies.

Agent Z

Indyswede said:
Is it only me that is thinking, after watching these clips, that there is more to it, more violence, but it was cut out to suit the kiddies.

Perhaps. There are many scenes in the book and comic adaptation that are more violent, like Indy's eyes bleeding during the skull reading.

You know, there are actually a good number of deaths in Kingdom, like an entire tribe, but it's all off-screen and very sanitized. I'm not saying that is "good" or "bad"...it's just the way it is.

CasualJeff

One thing that I found interesting is that Harrison Ford actually whipped that gun out of the Russian soldier's hand. That's pretty impressive.

When I saw that shot for the first time, in-movie, I thought "wow, that's really slow and fake-looking".

Darth Vile

CasualJeff said:
One thing that I found interesting is that Harrison Ford actually whipped that gun out of the Russian soldier's hand. That's pretty impressive.

When I saw that shot for the first time, in-movie, I thought "wow, that's really slow and fake-looking".

That'll be Harrison Ford as he's really slow and fake-looking these days ;)

CasualJeff

Darth Vile said:
That'll be Harrison Ford as he's really slow and fake-looking these days ;)

Haha--right. I mean, I like the shot a lot more now that I know it was pure skill on Harrison's part. Sure, it's slow looking, but that's just the way it is--I don't care how fast somebody is, it's just not realistic to pull out a whip and snatch somebody's gun with it. They'd react and shoot you before you could do anything.

Still, it's a classic Indiana Jones move, and so it's cool to see it in real-time.