Indiana Jones and the Secret of Life...INDY 5 IDEA

Lennongrad

I had a really rough idea for INDY 5,

Please dont be nasty about it, i just wanted to share my creativity with you.

Let me know what you think

INDIANA JONES AND THE SECRET OF LIFE
Through CGI (Like X men 3) We see Indy a few years before the events of KOTCS on a dig in the Arctic. He stumbles across an ancient highway buried deep inside a moutain in the frozen wastelands. His partner 'Stanford Crescent' is with him.
They come across a tomb and the mummified remains of 7 ancient kings.
Within the sarcophagus they find 3 ancient Vials and an ancient tablet. 4 of the vials are missing.

CUT TO: Present day

Several years have passed since Indy discovered Akator, he's happily settled
with Marion and Mutt is off working in New York.

Indy is approached by English Aristocrat Sabrina Taverner, she informs Indy that she has come to negotiate the sale of the Vial he discovered years earlier.

Indy tell her it has been sold to a collector in Australia. Visibly frustrated she asks for an address. Indy asks why the vial is so important and she tells him that the Vial is the last of Seven required to unlock the secret life itself.

Indy offers to travel to Australia with Sabrina, to which Marion tells him 'Hands off'.

In Australia Indy discovers that Sabrina is working with his old colleague Stanford, and whilst Indy never followed up the legend of the Vials years ealier, Stanford has spent his life investigating and locating the missing artifacts.

Legend says that whoever unites the seven vials at the City of Life will be given the Secret of Life, Death and Immortality.

Stanford reveals that he returned to the sight were they found the original vials and dug further. He discovered the a lost city buried deep within the Ice...Possibly Atlantis. But what happened to cause such devastation?

At a private australian estate Stanford Kills the ower of the Vials and leaves Indy to die in the desert. Sabrina, having taken a shine to Indy is devastaed.

Indy is rescued by the aboriginies and retruned safeley to the city.

He still has the tablet.

At Svalbard in the Artic Stanford unites the Vials. He, Sabrina and 5 other cronies shake and shiver with anticipation.

Indy turns up and and reveals hes cracked the mystery, The tomb is an ancient generator that when activated slows the worlds rotation causing the Continants to Sink cleansing the world of evil and bringing peace.
The seven Vials are an ancient storage Unit for DNA that when the world has been destoryed can be used to repopulate the planet.

It happened once before When Atlantis sank beneath the waves.

Stanfrd thinks he will bcome immortal

Indy manages to rescue Sabrina before the generator activates, But its too late for Stanford and his Cronies and they are 'sucked dry' by the machines.

The island stars to sink and Indy and Sabrina escape on by plane.

He returns to the states and is reunited with Marion and Mutt, who takes a shine to Sabrina.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indy is rescued by the aboriginies and retruned safeley to the city.

Sorry, not plausible in the '60s. Besides cities aren't just in the middle of the desert here or close to the Outback. Everything is very well spread out, and surburba exists outside of cities. It would be plausible to get Indy to a city if the Aborigines took him injured to the Flying Doctor Service. Also Aborigines weren't that tribal anymore, most were collected up into society (Stolen Generation) or badly affected by society living in poverty in some parts (still a problem today). Also you might want to pick a city may I suggest Darwin if you're going to go all Outback, in which case, would be extremely cliche, I would personally suggest somewhere like Mt Isa where the mines are or Townsville close to the Great Barrier Reef or Cairns where there's plenty of crocs. Again not huge cities back there, more like big countrytowns. If you're talking big cities, think Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane.

Sydney and Melbourne have a lot of history attached to the First Fleet of 1788 and the early White Settlement years of Australia, if you want any connections through your MacGuffins to Australian history.

Just some suggestions and a bit of history for improvement. I think the MacGuffin is interesting, however I think there can be more interesting conflict if Marion was there or reminders of Marion for Indy and to give him some internal conflict or Mutt even following Indy to make sure he doesn't cheat on his mum and falling for Sabrina (You might want to change her name, it reminds me of the remake of 'Sabrina' that HF was in) and the name 'Stanford' is pretty close to the name of 'Stanforth' from KOTCS.

Jones Disciple

I like the idea of setting the opening sequences before the events of Skull by using the X-Men /Benjamin Button technique to make Ford younger and then pick up with present day Indy to wrap up the issue presented in the beginning. With this you could bring back Henry Sr. (although I doubt Connery would do it) or Mac for some spy stuff.

Button was produced by Marshall and Kennedy.