Indy action figures by PEPSI - ???

Sherpa

Dear fellow Indy collectors,

I just picked up Issue #4 of The Official Indiana Jones Magazine and was reading the article about fellow collector Brandon Mysinger. In his interview, Brandon was asked what were his favorite pieces in his collection, and one of his answers was his "complete carded / boxed set of Kenner, LJN, PEPSI and Hasbro Indiana Jones action figures."

I am not aware of any action figures by PEPSI. Can anyone please shed some light on this subject for me? Thanks!

Pepsi did not make any action figures for Indy; they made a prize pack that had a visor, radio, watch, etc and they had a poster which was painted by Struzan. All in 1989 for LAST CRUSADE.

That magazine tends to be full of inaccuracies.

Sherpa

Thanks for that info. Maybe he mentioned Star Toys and the magazine misquoted him. That's the only manufacturer I know of besides Hasbro, Kenner and LJN -- all of whom he mentioned -- which produced any Indy action figures.

Oh, and I forgot about Disney. :eek:

Goonie

throwmetheidol said:
That magazine tends to be full of inaccuracies.

Yup, and a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes too. I think their editor needs to go back to college and re-take a few english courses. :whip:

fixer79

Goonie said:
Yup, and a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes too. I think their editor needs to go back to college and re-take a few english courses. :whip:

Really? Hadn't noticed that...
Ouch... That's pretty bad.

Jonesfan

I think part of the problem is that titan takes care of way to many magazines. The Star Wars Insider has suffered since Titan took over and of course as mentioned the Indy magazine.