Indy and romance

thehero21

Have you ever liked someone or were attracted to them because they looked like Marion,Willie,or Elsa, or for the girls, Indy himself? or do you look for qualities/traits that either of those characters have when looking for a significant other?

DocWhiskey

Not necessarily. I mean, if I like a girl I just like a girl. I don't try to find one that has the specific traits of a fictional character. But one girl I was going out with last year reminded me a lot of Marion. She was cool, tough, fun, and feisty. But after going out with her for a few months I found out she was more like Elsa (n)

Ships that pass in the night I guess.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Umm, no. I think that would be crossing the line. I mean would I want to go out with a guy who's not around half the time whilst could be at some exotic locale and is good at picking up chicks most of the time? The Indy character is too much of a player for me. The other guy characters, meh.

I have to have some realistic expectations too, y'know.

DocWhiskey

Violet Indy said:
Umm, no. I think that would be crossing the line. I mean would I want to go out with a guy who's not around half the time whilst could be at some exotic locale and is good at picking up chicks most of the time? The Indy character is too much of a player for me. The other guy characters, meh.

I have to have some realistic expectations too, y'know.

Come on, Violet, Mola Rom seems like a nice guy who could take your heart.

BAH-ZING :whip:

thehero21

DocWhiskey said:
Not necessarily. I mean, if I like a girl I just like a girl. I don't try to find one that has the specific traits of a fictional character. But one girl I was going out with last year reminded me a lot of Marion. She was cool, tough, fun, and feisty. But after going out with her for a few months I found out she was more like Elsa (n)

Ships that pass in the night I guess.
haha ya, other then looks i wouldnt want an Elsa either, also, i didnt mean it as like the whole reason you like someone,that would be ridiculous.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I thought this was going to be a thread about whether we try to use lines from the Indy films as pick-up lines or lines to say to get people to like us more. (For me, that particular source has always been <I>The West Wing</I> actually, and yeah, it works.)

However, I did used to play Fate of Atlantis a lot when I was younger, and the Disney movie I watched the most was <I>The Little Mermaid</I>. So, yeah, I'm guessing these might have something to do with my marked preference for redheaded women.

Le Saboteur

...uh, what?

Not the thread I was expecting either. I was thinking this would about Indy's romantic life.

The short answer is 'No, I don't look for lookalikes.' Marion's spunk has always been appealing, but I'd be hard pressed to say Raiders is the reason for my predilection towards brunettes (and redheads).

I♥Indy

I don't go around looking for an exact replica of Indy but i think he does have a good personality, but i would definetly not go out with someone just because they look like him. On the other hand Indy is Hot! err... was hot.:whip:

Nurhachi1991

I♥Indy said:
I don't go around looking for an exact replica of Indy but i think he does have a good personality, but i would definetly not go out with someone just because they look like him. On the other hand Indy is Hot! err... was hot.:whip:

Was hot? Look at the guy he looks as badass today as he ever was

WillKill4Food

Nurhachi1991 said:
As a (straight) guy, I can't really speak for any of the ladies on here...but I have a feeling that an old man like Harrison Ford doesn't exactly fit their definition of sexy.

I♥Indy

Nurhachi1991 said:
I know he still is, it's just he's way too old for me now... although he always was too old for me...:)