Indy Games for Macs

Jawad M

Hey,
I don't know how many of you out there are mac users but does anyone know of anything in terms of games on that front. I know LUCASFILM hasn't released any game on MAC yet. Does anyone else feel left out?

Jawad

Finn

Staff member
If you mean an exclusive game for Mac by LucasArts, there is not any (and that's logical, about 5% of comp systems are Macs - no big money in it).

But if you ask for ports, yes there actually is some. ET is available for Mac, for example.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I guess you can also play all the Lucasarts classics on mac by using a PC emulator.

Jawad M

Yea I have a pc emulator but it's different you know. Don't worry I have a PC and don't mind playing on it but with MAC it's a different experience playing.

Just wondering.

Thanks for your responses.

Jawad

Strider

I have a great Mac but It's memory is all spent on photoshop and photographs thanks to my father who is a photogerpher.

nd

On the Mac, I use IJET
and FoA Talkie. The latter works very well with ScummVM and doesn't require a pc emulator. You need the FoA pc (dos) version. Just install ScummVM and copy the FoA runtime files into a ScummVM sub-folder (as explained in detail on the ScummVM web site).

I was quite surprised by the quality of the IJET port. Although it makes use of the Wine emulation layer, it seems to utilize the cpu better than the pc version. On my TiBook (1GHz) I can play all levels without problems while on my 1.5 GHz pc I have serious difficulties in the Van Beck's Revenge level.