Indy's a gentleman

Raiders90

I loved how they put in even little details, like how Indy tips his hat to the Nuns. Just little details like that are always nice to see. Indy's a very old fashioned, gentlemen kind of guy when he wants to be.

MaxPhactor23

Today if you see a nun?you kick her in the face! We have standards too. . . *cough*. . . Oh modern times, aren?t they lovely?

Raiders90

MaxPhactor23 said:
Today if you see a nun?you kick her in the face! We have standards too. . . *cough*. . . Oh modern times, aren?t they lovely?

Not really. You should have respect for a woman in the service.

MaxPhactor23

Raiders112390 said:

It's sarcasm dude. It's a commentary on how violent we are today as a culture. Apparently that went over your head...and in the service? Nun's are in the military? I've never a nun described that way. Hah.

Raiders90

MaxPhactor23 said:
It's sarcasm dude. It's a commentary on how violent we are today as a culture. Apparently that went over your head...and in the service? Nun's are in the military? I've never a nun described that way. Hah.

''In the Service''= In the Service of God and of humanity.
Like the Dylan song says, you got to serve somebody.
And yeah, it did go over my head. My apologies.

Dr.Sartorius

Raiders112390 said:

A nun in the military? Uhmmm....what?

Anyway this moment reminded me of a John Wayne western..Indy seemed like a cowboy.

Raiders90

Dr.Sartorius said:
A nun in the military? Uhmmm....what?

Anyway this moment reminded me of a John Wayne western..Indy seemed like a cowboy.

Well, as I said earlier, Nuns are ''in the service'' because they're ''in the service'' of God. Idk, I've heard people describe it that way before.
And Harrison's portrayal of Indy has been described as a cross between Bogart and John Wayne.

Dr.Sartorius

Raiders112390 said:
Well, as I said earlier, Nuns are ''in the service'' because they're ''in the service'' of God. Idk, I've heard people describe it that way before.
And Harrison's portrayal of Indy has been described as a cross between Bogart and John Wayne.

Usually when someone says "in the service" they're referring to the armed forces.

Raiders90

Dr.Sartorius said:
Usually when someone says "in the service" they're referring to the armed forces.

I realize that, I've just heard people refer to Nuns and Priests (I'm Catholic) in the same way. And I liked, because everyone's got serve somebody.

MaxPhactor23

Dr.Sartorius said:

That's kind of how I read it too. It cracked me up. I couldn't help but picture nuns with rocket launchers being led by Sally Field! Flying Nun is hardcore!

Last edited:

TheMutt92

MaxPhactor23 said:

I saw a book called 'Nun with A Gun'. Made me think of this discussion ;)