Indy's revolver in Demons of Deception

Joosse

In the first part, wich was basically Verdun, we get to see Indy crawling across the trenches to listen at the German command bunker. As he is crawling, he is holding a revolver.

I was wondering if anybody every identified this revolver?

Exulted Unicron

the Revolver Indy used throughout most of the WWI episodes is a Nagant M1878 revolver. Just how Indy ended up with a Russian pistol in 1916 is beyond anyone's guess

Montana Smith

Exulted Unicron said:
the Revolver Indy used throughout most of the WWI episodes is a Nagant M1878 revolver. Just how Indy ended up with a Russian pistol in 1916 is beyond anyone's guess

Fabrique d'armes Émile et Léon Nagant was a Belgian arms manufacturer, based in Liège.

The M-1878 was the first of the "modern" Nagant revolver designs...The M-1878 (also known as the Officer’s Model, as they were issued almost exclusively to Belgian Army officers)...The M-1878 was withdrawn from official Belgian service just before World War 1, but still saw some use in that war. The M-1878 was replaced in 1886 by the M-1878/86 version (also called the M-1886); this version is essentially the same as the M-1878 for game purposes, though the grip shape allows the M-1878/86 to sit better in the hand. The M-1878/86 was used by the Belgians until 1940, though after World War 1, the primary user was the Belgian Customs Service.

http://www.pmulcahy.com/revolvers/belgian_revolvers.htm

nagant%201878%2086%20235-03.jpg

nagant%201878%2086%20235-01.jpg

Montana Smith

Exulted Unicron said:
oops, yeah...got mixed up between the Russian and the Belgian versions.

It's easy to do, what with the incestuous nature of arms manufacturers, and the same weapons being made under different names for different countries. :)

Joosse

Thanks guys! That helps a lot.

(y)

It however does foil my hope that it might have been a Lefaucheux... :(

Exulted Unicron

then again, alot of the weapons from the WW1 episodes are either achronistic, such as the german troops having Karabiner 98Ks (which wouldn't be in service for another 20 years) to impossible (Austrian Rast-Gasseur).

Its mainly down to the series armourers going for a close enough look for what generally is hard to come by in terms of historical authenticity.

Sarika

I know nothing about the gun, but I just wanted to say that I laughed so much when Indy fell asleep snoring, listening in on the Germans..:D