Is Nostalgia enough?

Is Nostalgia enough?

• No, I want MORE and BETTER!

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Yes, its FREAKIN' INDY one more time!

Votes: 27 69.2%

• Total voters

Kingsley

Paramounts Logo fading into something new, the Raiders March, Marions return, the Warehouse or the Ark... will these be the highlights of the upcoming movie? The main moments when the crowd will cheer?

If the rumours talking about "keeping expectations low" are right, if we only get a movie "done for the fans"... Is it enough?

You know, after almost 20 years, we have no choice... it's KOTCS or NOTHING. We got a new ride. Indy is back! Is it enough?

Edit: Mmmm, this doesn't belong to the spoilers section. Sorry for the mistake.

|ZiR|

It's good enough for me. And from what we've seen and read, I don't think KotCS will be playing up the nostalgia of the first film anymore than the other two did. Karen Allen and the Ark are an exception, but that's different seeing how KotCS is almost like a direct sequel to plots and ideas introduced in Raiders.

Dayne

We can only pray to God this movie will hold it's own amongst the series... and become better than The Temple of Doom and Last Crusade! Personally I would obviously love it to be better than Raiders, but that's leaning more over to blasphemy. You can't just simply make a movie that's better than Raiders of the Lost Ark!

Zorg

Nostalgia's fine, but frankly I think we also need something new. And it looks like we'll be getting it too.

Something old, something new...

Sankara

Of course it's NOT enough!

"Last Crusade" was a beautiful ending! "KOTCS" must be better than "Crusade". Very hard but not impossible...

Indy Geek

Sankara said:
Of course it's NOT enough!

"Last Crusade" was a beautiful ending! "KOTCS" must be better than "Crusade". Very hard but not impossible...

When you say that...dunno. I´ll have to agree with the "keeping expectations low" part. For me, if we don´t expect to much, maybe we by bless with something REALLY mind blowing. But, if we´re too much anxious and with a lot "IT WILL BE GREAT", "IT WILL GODLIKE" and "IT´S THE ULTIMATE INDY FILM", I think we be ready for a Cold Shower scene!!!!:eek:

Am I shooting the breeze by saying this having this kind of thoughts???

Dr. Gonzo

Better than Raiders? Probably not... Beter than its prequel and sequel... remains to be seen. For me this movie is a lot like "Revenge of the Sith" before it opened... hoping for the best but expecting the worst... Im glad there taking it in a different direction though. Im not just going for Nostalgia, Im going for a good story. Like I said I feel like I did before "Revenge of the Sith", (Which I thought was the better of the prequels), unsure, very hopefull but at the same time realistic. I love Indiana Jones like no one knows, but I have learned how to watch these kind of high expectation movies...
Definitely hope for the best, but always expect the worst.