Jones in the '90s

Raiders90

II know a lot of people, myself included, feel that there should've been a full length Indy film in the '90s, but we did get, albeit a very short, ''Middle Indy'' movie in 1993, and it was the book-end of Mystery of the Blues. Plus, while the 80s were spent focussing on Indy's ''present'', the 90s focussed on Indy's past in the form of the YIJC and the 2000s have given us Indy's ''future'' with Indy 4. Really, we've gotten a Jones in all those three decades

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
If you read The Complete Making of Indiana Jones book you'll see that that was Lucas' initial idea. But taking so long to agree on a script lead to this Indy's "future".

Stoo

Raiders112390 said:
II know a lot of people, myself included, feel that there should've been a full length Indy film in the '90s, but we did get, albeit a very short, ''Middle Indy'' movie in 1993, and it was the book-end of Mystery of the Blues. Plus, while the 80s were spent focussing on Indy's ''present'', the 90s focussed on Indy's past in the form of the YIJC
I know many people hate him but the 1990s also gave us Old Indy.
Put together, the bookends total over 1 hour so it's like a short movie.

Raiders112390 said:
and the 2000s have given us Indy's ''future'' with Indy 4. Really, we've gotten a Jones in all those three decades
Yes, the TV series, the novels, the Dark Horse comics and the '98 VHS releases were the saving graces.
The longest dry spell of new stories (for me) was between Dark Horse and "Skull". It's been a long wait.
I'm not sure about "Infernal Machine" & "Emperor's Tomb". What is the longest drought of Indy stories?