Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - initial impressions and casual discussion

gikev

Mutt's Monkeys

Mutt up in the trees with the monkeys-was that a reference to the scene in "Raiders" where Marion and Indy are in the marketplace?

INDY: Do you really need that monkey?

MARION: I'm surprised at you, Indy. Talking about our baby. He's got your looks, too.

INDY: And your brains.

Mutt's monkeys look to be of the same species (Capuchin) as in Raiders. He's their monkey for crying out loud! Pretty funny in my opinion.

Was C.S. sentimental? Sure it was-but still a fun Indy adventure movie in its own right. Ford still has the chops and I like his character at this age.
I hope he makes another one.

nitzsche

Apologies for a rather pointless observation, but for some reason this is the first time I noticed that Indy seems to be carrying a field journal or something in his right jacket pocket when he first gets to Peru and visits the asylum. It looks too thin to be the Grail Diary, but it is definitely a book.

Indyana Joana

nitzsche said:
Apologies for a rather pointless observation, but for some reason this is the first time I noticed that Indy seems to be carrying a field journal or something in his right jacket pocket when he first gets to Peru and visits the asylum. It looks too thin to be the Grail Diary, but it is definitely a book.

OMG! I'm going to have to watch it again. I never noticed. I don't think it's a pointless observation. Any observation in an Indiana Jones movie is quite cool to me. :)

So happy this thread resurfaced...

My Mother-In-Law was over for Thanksgiving and while settling in and flipping through it was on. Her response brought this thread to mind...

Deja Vu!
Stoo said:
Several months ago, I wrote about my girlfriend's mother watching "Crystal Skull" for the 1st time...

Mom: "What movie is this?"
Me: "It's the newest Indiana Jones movie."

We both duel over classic films, and to some extent current films, though I never gave her an inkling of which film she was watching in order to get a sense of a real/untainted opinion.

Stoo said:
The ant sequence produced many exclamations from her such as, "Yuck! Blech! Oh, G_d! That's DISGUSTING!"

(The rubber tree)
Mom: (groaning) "Oh, Lord."
Me: "Bwa ha!"

(When Indy takes the steering wheel from Marion after the 3 waterfalls)

She didn't last past this point, the waterfalls were too stupid...she only remarked: "They got back into the duck?":rolleyes:

Indyana Joana said:
OMG! I'm going to have to watch it again. I never noticed. I don't think it's a pointless observation. Any observation in an Indiana Jones movie is quite cool to me. :)
Details, details...have to check that one out too...