KOTCS Overnight leather bag

NONoXLL

Hi All,

I've come with a question regarding Indy's leather overnight bag. I've searched quite a bit on the forum but couldn't find any related posts, so I'm hoping someone out there might be able to help me track one down.
The bag I'm talking about can be seen when Indy and the Dean are talking at Indy's house (26:15) and again as Indy walks along the station just before boarding the train (27:39). It seems to be a Gladstone style but I'm not really sure whether it is or isn't.

Could anyone help me identify it, and is someone still making them?

Cheers,

Rob

Montana Smith

NONoXLL said:
Hi All,

I've come with a question regarding Indy's leather overnight bag. I've searched quite a bit on the forum but couldn't find any related posts, so I'm hoping someone out there might be able to help me track one down.
The bag I'm talking about can be seen when Indy and the Dean are talking at Indy's house (26:15) and again as Indy walks along the station just before boarding the train (27:39). It seems to be a Gladstone style but I'm not really sure whether it is or isn't.

Cheers,

Rob

Welcome, Rob.

104.jpg

108.jpg

It certainly looks like a Gladstone style of bag, or doctor's bag. It's a classic design, and I'm sure there are manufacturers out there, for a price.

If I was to look for one here in Britain I'd check out antique shops, antique fairs or flea markets, to find something truly vintage of the period, and probably at a lower price than new.

NONoXLL

Hi Montana, and thanks for the pictures. That is the bag I'm talking about.

Actually, I'm really surprised to find that no one has one or is interested in them. Surely you would buy such a useful item as this bag before buying a whip or original gun. No?

Montana Smith

NONoXLL said:
Hi Montana, and thanks for the pictures. That is the bag I'm talking about.

Actually, I'm really surprised to find that no one has one or is interested in them. Surely you would buy such a useful item as this bag before buying a whip or original gun. No?

Maybe it's just too utilitarian, or people prefer to have the adventure gear gasmask bag instead (even though you can't get as much in it!)

alotofmaryskid

NONoXLL said:
Hi All,

Cheers,

Rob

I've seen a thread on this bag before....but I'm not sure which board it was on....possibly another forum. From what I recall, it is a Gladstone. I could be mistaken. Question for Montana: How did you get the screen caps?

Montana Smith

alotofmaryskid said:
Question for Montana: How did you get the screen caps?

Click on The Raider.net logo at the top left of the screen. From there go to the "Films" tab drop-down menu and you can find all sorts of goodies.

:hat:

Nurhachi1991

Montana Smith said:
Welcome, Rob.

104.jpg

108.jpg

It certainly looks like a Gladstone style of bag, or doctor's bag. It's a classic design, and I'm sure there are manufacturers out there, for a price.

If I was to look for one here in Britain I'd check out antique shops, antique fairs or flea markets, to find something truly vintage of the period, and probably at a lower price than new.

Did somebody say Gladstone?

joey.jpg