Last Crusade

Urmel

About a year ago i bought the Adventurepack from Lucas Arts, which includes Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis, Last Crusade,
as well as the Infernal Machine and the Monkey Island Collection (Chapter I-III)
It was the CD Edition.
I think it was around 20 Euros which is approximately 22 $. So i don't know if it was only available in Europe you can surely buy it from ebay.

The Last Crusade was very funny, especially the scene in Berlin where you can punsh Adolf Hitler. The Puzzles were in my opinion sometimes a bit tricky, because you did not knew if your way was right or false.

Urmel

Unfortunately i only got the german non talkie version.
The English Version on CD seems to be always talkie.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, a CD can hold 700 MBs of data, but FoA non-talkie takes only seven.

Urmel

I just found a version on ebay.com which seems to be the english talkie version.
Here is the Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8111177142&rd=1

I have also seen a special rare FM Version for Last Crusade, which has also enhanced sound, but the price from 100$
is unaffordable high.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4315&item=8111893579&rd=1

In Europe you can easily get this Adventurekit on CD (without speech), but on ebay.com in the US there was only one copy available.

My Whips Bigger

FoA is one of the best games ever made! I've been palying it since I was eight, and every Christmas I bring it out. The graphics are just such a delight, and I think if this was a movie it would best the best Indy movie ever!! They should make more films with adventure games in mind, I rekon. It would certainly add a great deal of cerebrality back to movies.

Udvarnoky

VP said:
FoA isn't Abandonware. LucasArts still sells it. LC is AW.
Neither of the games are abandonware, and whether or not the company still sells it makes no difference (from a legal point of view).

Tennessee R said:
I'm sorry, I had no idea you could get it in 3.5.

Can I assume you had the PC version?

It was originally released on 5.25" floppies with EGA graphics and internal speaker sound. It was re-released on 3.5 floppies with 256-color VGA graphics and MIDI music.
VP said:
Was FoA talkie or non-talkie?

It was originally released on floppy disks in text-only. Soon after, a CD-ROM version with full voice-talkie and digital sound effects was released.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
MODS: I know that site. It only offers legal abandonware, that the makers don't sell anymore. It is not necessary to edit the URL away.

Urmel

Sorry, that i did not mention that it is not illegal.
I thought everbody knows it.
Abandonware does not mean that something is illegal. This Site is very serious and there are only games listed, which are free for download and aren't sold any more. So almost every old game is listed there. Some are downloadable and the others refer to a link like where you can buy them.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Some sites have games from the year 1998 that they advertise as abandonware. I guess that's the main reason why many people don't like abandonware.

But, back on topic.

Last edited: