Map Room Descent 3-3/4"

hemble

HI All

This dio was for a competition over at figurerealm, it came in 5th out of about 38 entries which I'm really happy with. So go over and check out the other dios there are soem very well thought out ones.

RECIPE

1: Figures - Both figures are from Hasbro, Sallah has been positioned and all the joints superglued, Indy has been made from various other figures which are.

Legs & head - are from the Indy that comes with the Ark.
Body - the body is from the Cairo swordsman so is the lower part of the robes,
Arms - are from the Sallah
Once I got the posture I wanted Indy was pinned and superglued together and both he and Sallah were paited before adding them to the base.

2: Base - The base is made from balsa wood, foam and cardboard, once I got the height I wanted I cut a hole thru the foam and then used sculpty clay to make the stone entrance. The fallen debri on the floor is old pieces of foam covered in fine sand and plaster.

The Map Room walls are pictures I got of the internet and then gled them to the back of the base and sanded them once it all dried. I decided to give the walls the a really old feel to them and have section of it either fading or crumbling, I did this by adding plaster and fine sand to some areas and the drybrushed over these areas.
The wooden wall embankment is made from balsa wood and painted and the shovel is from the Sallah figure. The rope is fine leather that I got from the material shop. The top of the base where Salah is was covered in plaster and fine sand and was painted and drynrushed to the desired look.

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

rr3.jpg

rr4.jpg

rr5.jpg

Ron

Last edited:

deckard24

Awesome work as always Hemble!:hat:

I'd really like to see your work in a museum setting, with individual glass cases for each of your customs and dioramas.