Nazis. I Hate these guys. 1/6

hemble

HI All

March 12th 1938, the US Government intercepts a German communique stating that Hitler is looking for clues to a mythological artifact called the Seal of Soloman.And yet again the US Government travels to Barnett Collage to see if Jones will find the Seal of Solomon and find out what it is and does.

Jones tells them that the Legend has it that the Seal of Solomon was a magical signet ring said to have been possessed by King Solomon, which variously gave him the power to command demons, genies,or to speak with animals. Indy also mentions that there are 6 markers that make up a stone tablet that shows the whereabouts of the Seal of Solomon. After hearing this information they ask Jones will he try and find the Seal of Solomon before the Nazis do.

Jones agrees and the next day heads of, March 17th 1938 after reaching an old ruined castle on the borders of France and Germany Jones does a little archeological work and finds a marker that could lead him to the Seal of Solomon. But before he can leave he is jumped upon by a Nazi soldier who was patrolling the area. Thee two start brawling, Jones taken by surprise at first realizes it's a Nazi solder and thinks to himself Nazis.I Hate these guys.

Jones not wanting the soldier to raise an alarm gives him one final blow that knocks him out, after tying the soldier up he picks up his marker and high tails it out of there before anymore patrols come thru and to figure out his next move.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - Everything is from The Sideshow Toys Indy figure it has been repainted and weathered using Vallejo and Games Workshop paints.

2: German Soldier
- The body is a Sideshow Toys Indy body as it is perfectly proportioned and the uniform fits very well. The uniform and equipment are from Dragon models and the head is from The frontline custom heads and was a limited run of Jack O'Niell sculpt. It was repainted and weathered using Vallejo and Games Workshop paints.

3: Base - The base is a picture I got from a $2 shop, I built the floor section up using foam core and the scribed the stone section into using a model knife and tweezers. I small wall ruin is foam cut and glued inplace, I then covered the whole thing with 90% plaster of Paris and 10% woodglue.

Once the plaster dried I painted it using Vallejo paints, the static grass and moss are both from Woodland Scenic's, the grass was left to dry and then given a wash of Vallejo's Dark Green and then dry brushed with Vallejo's light Green.

hg1.jpg

hg2.jpg

hg3.jpg

hg4.jpg

hg6.jpg

Ron

Lambonius

Really awesome. One thing I'd suggest is to reposition the fist so that his arm extends past the face, that way the punch will look like it has a lot more power behind it. They almost always draw punches that way in comics to give the same effect. You'd have to reposition the soldier's head as well, snapping back from the force of the impact. Great weathering and little details though, and the base is especially nice. :hat:

hemble

Hi All

Lambonius - Thanks for the feedback it's really appreciated, I wish I could do as you suggest but everythings been superglued and pinned together.

Ron