New DSi To Be Released!

What is your position regarding this new DS iteration?

• I'm so excited. Bring it on Nintendo. I'm a fanboy Luigi.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I plan on collecting all the DS iterations form DS Phat to DSi XL

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • But I just bought a DSi! What next?

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I'm not a geek so this is of no concern to me. I'd rather plant flowers.

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Agent Crab

IndyWolf15 said:
And I can't even use my UMD disc drive because its making this weird NOISE. I HATE SONY! BLAST THEM!

Sony needs to be sliced by a LIGHTSABER!

Nintendo out runs Sony by miles.

Clone_Wars_Anakin_by_grantgoboom.jpg

48.jpg

Ah Leakin' Lubercaints...

Morning Bell

I already upgraded to the DSi and I'm kind of underwhelmed by it. It's neat and all but my DS Lite was just fine and I don't really need all the extra features so I'll be passing on the new one.

RedeemedChild

Morning Bell said:
I already upgraded to the DSi and I'm kind of underwhelmed by it. It's neat and all but my DS Lite was just fine and I don't really need all the extra features so I'll be passing on the new one.

Well my DS Lite needs a battery replacement and I foolishly sold my Black DSi and so I am already saving up my money for the DSi XL. Free access to 3G, HD Gaming, bonus built- in software and far bigger screens are simply to much to pass up. With the upcoming release of Golden Sun DS and The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks I'd be really foolish not to buy this one.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Well my DS Lite needs a battery replacement and I foolishly sold my Black DSi and so I am already saving up my money for the DSi XL. Free access to 3G, HD Gaming, bonus built- in software and far bigger screens are simply to much to pass up. With the upcoming release of Golden Sun DS and The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks I'd be really foolish not to buy this one.

DS lite batteries don't cost much. Most cost $15.00 and under. All you need is to purchase one or take it to a place like Batteries Plus of some battery replacement place. You may need to furnish them with a screw driver.

I don't see the need for a DS XL. It's just like the GBA micro. The Micro wasn't that great. The Micro couldn't even play orginal Gameboy games like the GBA or GBA SP did.

The DS Lite and DS can't play orginal Gameboys games.

Bigger screens on a hand held really isn't that endurring. Unless you have poor vision or giant hands, then get a DSi XL. HD gaming isn't imporant, either. I still know people who still own their orginal DS systems from 2004. I still have one, as well for two lites and a DSi. I hardly use my DSi, unless one of my lites needs charging. My orginal DS still works, but it has four dead pixels on it that are distracting. If not, then there is no need to toss away the older DSi and fap over the new DSi that isn't needed.

It's just like people who sold their PS3's in order to buy the PS3 slim. I have a PS2 slim, because my PS2 failed to read PS1 amd blue backed PS2 games. Then decided to die out on me.

I mean, c'mon. Do you honestly need a new system or handheld when a new one gets annouced? It's just like with the PSP Go.

I like Nintendo, but I dislike how some of it's fans are. Most of the fans are overly zealous and stuck up. It makes the real fans look bad. The best Nintendo system I owned and still own was the SNES. Why? Best varity of games. Same with the NES. Both consoles raged strong for years. Even in Japan, the Super Famicom existed until the late 90's. That is strong.

The Drifter

Agent Crab said:
I like Nintendo, but I dislike how some of it's fans are. Most of the fans are overly zealous and stuck up. It makes the real fans look bad. The best Nintendo system I owned and still own was the SNES. Why? Best varity of games. Same with the NES. Both consoles raged strong for years. Even in Japan, the Super Famicom existed until the late 90's. That is strong.

What a great post, Agent Crab. You said about all there is to say.
And, yes the SNES was popular in America even well after the PSX came out. Ever heard of a little titled called Donkey Kong Country that re-sparked the craze for the SNES well into the 3D era.

RedeemedChild

Agent Crab said:
I don't see the need for a DS XL. It's just like the GBA micro. The Micro wasn't that great. The Micro couldn't even play orginal Gameboy games like the GBA or GBA SP did.

The DS Lite and DS can't play orginal Gameboys games.

Bigger screens on a hand held really isn't that endurring. Unless you have poor vision or giant hands, then get a DSi XL. HD gaming isn't imporant, either. If not, then there is no need to toss away the older DSi and fap over the new DSi that isn't needed.

It's just like people who sold their PS3's in order to buy the PS3 slim. I have a PS2 slim, because my PS2 failed to read PS1 amd blue backed PS2 games. Then decided to die out on me.

I mean, c'mon. Do you honestly need a new system or handheld when a new one gets annouced? It's just like with the PSP Go.

Well thank you for the information regarding the DS Lite battery.

However I've told you why I intend to purchase the DSi XL. I need another DS system and I like the capabilities of the DSi XL. Besides Shantae will be available from the DSi Shop and I really would like to download it as I never was able to play the original Shantae. However I understand where you're coming from and I appreciate your opinion Agent Crab.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
Well thank you for the information regarding the DS Lite battery.

However I've told you why I intend to purchase the DSi XL. I need another DS system and I like the capabilities of the DSi XL. Besides Shantae will be available from the DSi Shop and I really would like to download it as I never was able to play the original Shantae. However I understand where you're coming from and I appreciate your opinion Agent Crab.

It's want... not need. You don't need a DSi XL.

RedeemedChild

Well here is the official Japanese packaging for the upcoming Nintendo DSi XL know as Nintendo DSi LL in Japan.

That's quite a big box and as you can see the screens are much bigger than those of the past DS iterations.

dsill1106.jpg

The gentlemen at GameStop says it is to be sold for about $219.99 dollars here in the United States and I guess that the box art will be about the same here in North America.

Here are a few more Nintendo goodies.

A beautiful Legend of Zelda mosiac created by Alyse.

windwakerlinklego_110409.jpg

Our dear Alyse says she was inspired to create this beautiful artful tribute to the hero in green by "many of the stained glass artwork from Wind Waker."

For more infomation please click here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boltofblue/sets/72157622334882591/

Dragon Quest IX is Q3's top-selling game

dragon_quest_ix_has_players_team_up_for_wi_fi_ques.jpg

Despite the handicap of not being for sale in most of the world, Dragon Quest IX for the DS sold more copies than any other game in the world between July and September of this year, according to a Top Global Markets report. With 3,925,000 copies sold in Japan, it outsold the number two best-selling game for that period, Wii Sports Resort, by almost 1,000,000 copies -- and that game was available worldwide.

Following Wii Sports Resort in the top five: Madden NFL 2010 at 2,612,000, Pokemon HeartGold And SoulSilver at 2,068,000, and Halo 3: ODST, which was only out for a week in Q3, at 1,847,000 copies. All these games have plenty more sales ahead of them as the holidays approach!

Source: dsfanboy.com