Official translations into English of Foreign Books Unlikely

Plaristes

Sue Rostoni recently posted in her blog an account of her average workday (here). I noticed there that she mentions that some of the Young Indy books from the 90s are still being translated into foreign languages. So, I asked Sue if there was any hope for English translations of the French and German Indy books. Her disappointing answer is here. I guess this isn't surprising, but it's still not welcome news. :(

IndyNovelsFan

From the summaries found here on the Indy Adult Timeline, I would love to read these adventures. Seems incredibly short sighted to not share these adventures with English speaking people who first embraced this character.

As a kid, I read The Three Investigators series. This popular series continues to have new volumes published in Germany, while there are only a few translated for English readers. The American series has had no new titles since the 1980s.

Stoo

Plaristes! Good news. Someone has come forward and offered to take a crack at translating another one of the French Young Indy novels. I started to do "Violon du Metropolitan" but that's the title he'd like to tackle so I'll be sending him scans and he can finish it off.

When done, it will go nicely with Icybro's translation of Fantôme du Klondike (Which I know you know about.)(y)

Plaristes

:D :D :D Sweet!!! I really wish I could read French or German so I could contribute something to these translation projects. On a related note, I recently learned of another German Indy book, although I haven't found a pic of it's cover yet. The title is Die Abenteuer des jungen Indiana Jones and the isbn is 3453062892. Since this is a young Indy book, I figured you might be interested, Stoo. (y)

Stoo

Apparently, our very own Les David of throwmetheidol.com co-wrote a great article that was/still is? on the Official Indy Website. Remember this amazing thread?

New article on European books at official site

Here are some details about your mystery book. I've never seen the cover either.
Die Abenteuer des Jungen Indiana Jones (Young Indiana Jones Chronicles) by Elisabeth Blay. Published in 1993 by Heyne. 128 pages, with lots of color pictures. This is a tiny mini-book with info about the Young Indy television series. Ten chapters cover topics like "before the world discovers him, he discovers the world", notes from the TV series Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, and specific episodes like "The Mummy's Curse ", "The Curse of the Jackal", "Mata Hari", "The River of Death", "The Secret Peace" and "Revolution!"
DIrishB very generously GAVE me 13 of the Young Indy novels in French but I think only 2 of them are the rare, non-English stories. Will have to check again. Speaking of DIrishB, I might as well add the link to his thread, too: The French Young Indy Novels (Indiana Jones Jr et le...)

Don't worry about not be able to help translating, Plaristes, as it's apparent you enjoy Indy literature a lot. (I keep forgetting you & I share the same birthday!);)

Plaristes

Oh, I read that thread a while ago, but had completely forgotten the mini-book is mentioned there. My info came from a German friend of mine who mentioned it to me.