Popsicle Ark Crate...

Dr Bones

..or ice olly sticks as we call em in Blighty!

My prototype ark crate...

Just very hastily knocked up with lolly sticks, coffee stirrers and glue.

Obvioulsy could be done much better. I literally just went at it with a carpet knife and glue...Hence the discrepencies here and there...and all over! :p

The only real time spent was eating all those lollies...:sick:

Picture013.jpg

Picture010.jpg

inky_skin

Nice work Dr Bones. There's a thriving Customising Indy Figures thread over in the Collecting section where your work would get a lot of interest. Look forward to seeing you there...

Dr Bones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Great job!
I wish that I could do things like this. How long did it take you?

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't.

It took a few days of saving sticks (I couldn't find any to buy that didn't have popsicles on!) I collected a handful of coffee stirrers from a certain fast food chain...

Just used a craft/carpet knife to cut them to length using the actual ark and german truck for sizing and the DVD for a cursory referrence. (Not SA by any means!)

Bit of old string for rope handles and oven bake modeling clay for the runners.

If I had all the sticks in one go it would have taken about an hour tops.

I printed off a decal from the internet and glued it on as I couldn't be bothered to hand paint it as I am impatient and this was only my prototype.

Serioulsy quick and easy. I am notoriously slap dash!

I originally did one out of cardboard but it looked pretty lame so I decided to go for something closer to realism.

I am going to redo this using better wood and try to acheive a more accurare look. The poles are all wrong too.

Nick Turner's website who did his own custom crate out of wood (among others) has inspired me to do it right. It really puts my effort to shame.

Thanks for the comments....and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place...could a mod move it?

Last edited:
nice!
That's one i have on the drawing board, also.
I also plan to do a broken open Area 51 Ark crate...
I can't wait until winter, when I have time to play around!

Dr Bones

ddschneider1972 said:
nice!
That's one i have on the drawing board, also.
I also plan to do a broken open Area 51 Ark crate...
I can't wait until winter, when I have time to play around!

Great idea. (y)

My next crate wil probably be completely balsa and hand painted Nazi crest and weathering.