Possible surprises in KotCS? (wild speculation)

linus

Hello Raveners. I've been a lurker on these forums for quite some time, but now I have decided to start this thread.

Do you expect KotCS to have some really big surprise in store for us?

Something we really didn't expect like...

...Shia's character dying. It seems to be an unwritten movie law that if someone of a mentor/student team has to go, it's always the mentor character who lets the student follow in his footsteps after he's gone. Could be an interesting twist to have a break from that old cliché, if done well.

...they REALLY pull it off to make us believe Indy dies near the end of KotCS (which would be incredibly hard, as we know these are upbeat movies and that Indy is a natural survivor)... and then have him return when we don't expect it any more.

...an Indy/Star Wars connection as the final revelation. That would most likely be horrible. I can't really think of any decent way to do this. Somehow I feel that would be the kind of thing Lucas could come up with.

...a Fate of Atlantis reference. Fanboy fantasy, I know. I doubt anyone involved is even aware that Indy is supposed to have discovered Atlantis. But wouldn't it be oh-so-nice...

Do you even want to be surprised or do you just want more of the same old Indy we have grown accustomed to? (Granted, the first three films and portrayals of Indy are fairly different from each other.)

The Man

It's odd that we want something original yet similar to the previous movies. I hope it truly stands up with the others, no matter what the story delivers.

lynchpin

Had an extremely vivid dream a few nights ago that the big chase/shoot-out in the warehouse in KOTC is the beginning of the film. Now, if I could only recall the other revelations I slept on.

That'll be a pleasant surprise if it's true.

-Jones-

Do you remember the wrap video? Look at the actors, how they're dressed, I think it will be Indy's wedding /and Mutt's there/ :> . So Mutt probably will live.

UltimateManGod

A pleasant surprise for me would be any reference to the games, books or comics. That would really make me happy. On the other hand, what would absolutely make me cringe with distaste would be a wedding scene. To me, it seems it would feel corny, could end up ruining the movie for me. I don't feel it could fit well in an Indy movie. Other than that, I'd probably take any surprise as a good one.

UltimateManGod

Adamwankenobi said:
YIJC references! (y)

I still haven't seen any of those. I'll probably try to rent some after school ends before the movie comes out. I'm really curious to see what my reaction is to them. Reading all about them, and having seen none of them has really peaked my interest.

Adamwankenobi

UltimateManGod said:
I still haven't seen any of those. I'll probably try to rent some after school ends before the movie comes out. I'm really curious to see what my reaction is to them. Reading all about them, and having seen none of them has really peaked my interest.

Just don't expect a small screen version of the films. ;)

oki9Sedo

-Jones- said:
Do you remember the wrap video? Look at the actors, how they're dressed, I think it will be Indy's wedding /and Mutt's there/ :> . So Mutt probably will live.

Harrison Ford has a bowtie on, but he wears a bowtie in the teaching scenes too according to another video.