Revenge of the Ancients

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Merged anyway. Because, I don't think the game's cultural and historic status has changed much in a year.

DIrishB

Moedred said:
Merged anyway. Because, I don't think the game's cultural and historic status has changed much in a year.

Ah, fair enough. I admit I should've searched for it, but after looking through the first several pages in the Video Game thread and not seeing one for it, I thought it'd be ok.

Johnny Jones

Good news, this game is being remade by a fan, with a deeper story and graphics a la "Fate of Atlantis". That might change the cultural and historic status a bit!
http://oldstyle_games.webs.com/
She hopes to have it finished this year, and could use some helpers. I'd love to join but I know nothing about making video games. :(

The Tingler

I'm helping out with the writing/dialogue for the Indiana Jones and the Revenge of the Ancients remake, and had sort of started a thread down on the Archaeology section for help with the facts behind the game and its artifact - the Power Key. To quote myself:

I was mostly going to go with a combination of Mayan/Aztec legends and have The Power Key be the key to controlling the Earth's elements. It was used by the gods to destroy the Ancients, the original people of the Earth, and was the cause of the Great Flood mentioned in so many creation tales - including the Bible.

The Nazis in the new game are not just after the devastating power of this Key, but they also wish to resurrect the Ancients - who they believe to be the original Aryan Master Race they themselves originated from.

While the remake is mostly reusing backgrounds and models, while it may not match the epic development of Fountain of Youth this means it should progress fairly quickly.

We're hoping to add lots of scenes and puzzles to the game, as the original (if you survived it) wasn't all that long. To get Marion involved we're setting it just after Raiders of the Lost Ark, before Indy runs out on her - although she's pretty steamed about him going off on this adventure at all without telling her. Luckily for Indy she tracks him down anyway!

Johnny Jones

I saw that but figured I'd mention it here as well since that's an "Off Topic" section and I presume not everyone goes there. Just trying to help with publicity and such :whip:

k0SH

Hi.

I´m looking for a boxed PC version of "Revenge of the Ancients".
Maybe someone here owns it and intended to sell it? :)

Thanks.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member

When Raiders came to Czechoslovakia in 1985, teenagers created The Adventures of Indiana Jones in Wenceslas Square and other western film inspired titles. This English text adventure is playable. There's no MacGuffin, you just have to escape back to the United States.