Shia Injured on Set of "Crystal Skull"

Matt Holcomb

xVendetta17x said:
What would you deem the most?
Pages 5 and 6 -- the creepy and inane analysis of Shia and a young Harrison to determine whether they physically resemble each other enough at the same age.

There are saner and more important things to be debating.

bonoferox

I neve really thought that River looked like a young Harrison, even though he thought he looked the most like him after Mosquito Coast. But again, looks arent that important. Just how well the actor can carry the story. And I'm really hoping the best for Shia.

deckard24

Matt Holcomb said:
Pages 5 and 6 -- the creepy and inane analysis of Shia and a young Harrison to determine whether they physically resemble each other enough at the same age.

There are saner and more important things to be debating.
Why is it creepy or anymore inane then the tons of other threads around here arguing and debating over every little aspect of the films? Or for that matter grown men and women dressing up like Indianan Jones and collecting action figures! Also, why is it more sane to debate how much stubble Ford will have in the film, or if his pants look the same this time in KOTCS, or if cgi will give him a facelift, or if Lucas will remove all the guns in the film?

The segue into the discussion about Shia and Ford's resemblance, came out of a comment regarding "who if not Shia could have filled the role?". I made a few suggestions, along with some pics as to why I didn't think Shia necessarily fit the bill.

If anything I thought it was interesting, sorry if that creeped you out!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hedwig

I think that all the discussion about Shia's resemblance to Harrison was interesting!:D It was so fascinating to compare the pictures and analyze them... And the stubble conversation: WOW! :) I noticed so more details that I hadn't noticed before! Thank you to everyone who brought all those things up!:D

deckard24

Hedwig said:
I think that all the discussion about Shia's resemblance to Harrison was interesting!:D It was so fascinating to compare the pictures and analyze them... And the stubble conversation: WOW! :) I noticed so more details that I hadn't noticed before! Thank you to everyone who brought all those things up!:D
No problem!Thanks for the kind words!:hat:

I've taken some forensic classes before, as well as plenty of art classes( figurative sculpture w/portrait bust making, life drawing, life painting,etc.) so I do have more than an average interest in the subject of the face/ human body, proportion, and the science of anatomy! Looking for resemblances in facial structure and features, as well as seeing familial similarities is something that I've studied, so it's not just a "creepy" preoccupation!

donufro

I think we all need to relax here

You know guys, not every kid looks like their father. I know several people, including myself who don't look anything like either of their parents. It's really not that important a factor, especially in movies.

As far as Shia's character goes, we have basically seen him in teenage roles set in modern day. Who knows what he has in store when he actually has a play a real part that requires him to act different. Plus, has Steven Spielberg as a director. And how cool was that dagger stuff he was doing? It looks like he worked hard to develop an interesting character and not just some teen punk like usual.

Honestly, I'd be ok with it if he got his own franchise (as long as he was a different character). If I didn't want to watch them, I'd just ignore them (much like I do Star Wars Eps. I, II, III) and still enjoy the originals.

And about the hat thing, people aren't thinking in terms of Indy's character. Sure, the hat means something to the filmmakers and to the fans, but does it mean anything to Indy other than just being a hat that he likes? My point is, I don't foresee a scene where he "passes the fedora" on to his kid. It's not in Indy's character to be so grandiose about himself. And putting on a fedora doesn't automatically make you an adventurer anyway. I just don't think it would occur to Indy that the hat is what's important (other than something to grab before the descending stone door closes forever). You all know what I mean?