The disappering hat

The Drifter

I played Emperor's Tomb again today, and paused the game. I noticed again how Indy's hat vanishes when you pause.
Anyone else notice this?

chr0n0naut

Yeah it happen on my xbox too. I think its just a glitch.

Although if I lost his hat in combat and it fell over a cliff or something I always feel uneasy finishing the level without it (even thought you get it back once the next level starts). :hat:

Last edited:

The Drifter

chr0n0naut said:

Although if I lost his hat in conbat and it fell over a cliff or something I always feel uneasy finishing the level without it (even thought you get it back once the next level starts). :hat:

I always tried to pick it up. lol

Irfaan

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I played Emperor's Tomb again today, and paused the game. I noticed again how Indy's hat vanishes when you pause.
Anyone else notice this?

Yeah I notice this (on the PC version). Apparently the developers have added this for fun, I read it once in an interview. It wasn't a bug because they would have fixed that in a PC patch (which they didn't).

After installing the emperors tomb patch, you already notice how much the game improves!

Morning Bell

chr0n0naut said:

Although if I lost his hat in combat and it fell over a cliff or something I always feel uneasy finishing the level without it (even thought you get it back once the next level starts). :hat:

This always happened to me too. I always felt weird finishing the level without Indy's hat; it just didn't feel the same.

indyswk

I think they deliberately did that to make us worry about the hat. I never knew that you could finish the level without his hat, and I always went back to get it.

Once, it fell into the hangar below (which was a nazi base, but it's not possible to go down to get it) and I got so distraught over it I restarted the level :( .... I never knew the hat would reappear on the next level, I just thought it'd be gone forever!! To think of all the troubles of getting the hat :mad:

Perhaps this is the only game ever I worry about the characters' hat to complete the levels!