• 10yrs of being a fan- Die Hard

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • 5yrs of being a fan- Fanatic

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Less than a month- Fairweather

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

bonoferox

Saw ToD when I was three, been hooked ever since.
26 years old in July.

Awesome clip, littleindy!!!!

Last edited:

Sam Falco

Been a fan of Indiana Jones since before I can even remember, I watched it with my Grandfather when I was two (1989) and he says that since then I could never get enough of it. Before I could talk I'd go grab the VHS and ask him to put it on.

Since that time, the series has been such a huge part of my life. The anticipation of the new one made me realize just how long its been since I was born and I keep going back to all the incidents in my life relating to my viewings of Indiana Jones. I keep thinking about when I was a kid, staying up late on Saturday nights wearing my fedora and watching the trilogy on VHS, I remember getting the old NES games of the movies and thinking "These suck, but I'm gonna play anyways because its INDIANA JONES!" and being generally dis-interested in the Young Indiana Jones chronicles EXCEPT the episode when Harrison Ford came back. Flash-forward to getting the N64 game and being like "Thats better, but when is the next movie comin' out!?" The next decade was spent target shooting with a revolver and practicing with a bullwhip because I was almost literally going through Jones withdrawls. People say movies dont matter, but for me, they've been like bookmarks to stages of my existence.

So yea... My name is Sam and I'm a Raider-holic.

acsgrlie

Well, I'm 19 and I think I first saw Indiana Jones around the age of 5 or 6 and have loved them ever since.
The anticipation of the new movie has pushed my love to new heights. I only wish I could've experienced all 3 Indy movies in the theatre to feel this way for the classics.

indytim

27 years here too! I can remember going to see Raiders at the Vale Cinema, Mirfield, England when I was 11 even though it was certified a '15' (the Vale would literally let anyone into a film within reason as they were a struggling two screen cinema which sadly closed in the late 80's). I knew nothing about it other than it starred 'Han Solo' and was made by the same guy who was responsible for Star Wars.

I remember walking out of that screening feeling like I'd seen a life-changing experience, on par with when I saw the first Star Wars film at 7 years old. I remember excitedly meeting my father outside (who'd come to see me home) and talking all about it like a giddy school boy as we walked (sorry, Dad, probably threw a few spoilers into that conversation).

I can then remember getting a copy of it on VHS Christmas '83 (when I was opening it I thought at first it was the Atari videogame ... I nearly wet myself when I realised I was holding a copy of the actual film). I watched it with my parents, brother, and both sets of grandparents on Christmas Day afternoon after we had dinner, and they all agreed that was quite a special and entertaining movie (I always remember my Dad asking 'Is it as good as Time Bandits?' in a rather condescending tone as he hated that movie!).

The Indiana Jones films have been a foundation stone in my life and the product of some of my happiest memories. Hopefully, Crystal Skull will just add another chapter to my joy ...

Mrs_Fedora

I was about 11 or 12 years old i think when they showed this movie on tv in the eighties. Some movie with a guy with a hat and a whip, and it was called the Temple of Doom.
i HAD to see it! Loved Indy since then..

(y)

IndyCam

I am 19(almost 20) and I have been watching these movies since the first or second grade. I am a hardcore fan and I will always be

Turtle

It's longer than ten years, but less than 19 so it's ten for me. Since around 1994 I've been loving Dr. Jones.