The Next Indy Phobia Scene

RaideroftheArk

Neolithic said:
... but crabs don't threaten you with death or disease. You might just get a small nip from one. En masse they are weird looking, you're right. Like Hitchcock's birds or something. :)
(Since mention of Vertigo immediately makes me think of A) Hitchcock B) U2 )

Indy has snakes, Willie has...well Willie has everything, Henry has rats... Mutt Williams needs something...he's a big bad greaser so there has to be something that brings him to his knees.

The_Raiders

Haha, i'd keep afew as pets and boil the rest, we have this resteraunt here that serves bucketss of different kind of crab legs, with alittle bowlof melted butter, you got king crab, snow crab, and dungenes crab :p

GlasgowChivas

VP said:
They don't say that it's going to be ants. They say that because there's so much talk on the Raven about ants and some shots in the toy packages there might be ants.

There WILL be Ants - 4-inch long, giant woodcutter Ants

fixer79

I'm sure there will be ants too... Lego wouldn't especially make new giant ant molds just because they feel like it :)

But what on God's green earth are woodcutter ants?

DoomsdayFAN

SKAbatula said:
Last time this topic came up I mentioned Indy being in water with eels around him...for their similarity to snakes.

Oh my GOD! :sick: That would be discusting, but a great freak out scene.

Dayne

It should have totally been Piranhas! That could have been an awesome scene, though I have faith that the ant scene in Indy 4 will be better.

No Ticket

I understand they've used up a lot of the best "cringe worthy critters" for the other films' phobia scenes... but ants seem kind of lame. Even really dangerous big ones... because seeing them on screen won't make me cringe like the bugs in TOD or the snakes in Raiders... something that many people are afraid of. (At least I don't think it will)

... Rats didn't bother me so much on screen, but they get to me in real life. lol. The big ones.

Spiders. I know they did it in the opening of Raiders.... but....

I think they could do it to a much creepier extent than that. I am very afraid of spiders. Indy and gang getting dropped into a large corridor or something full of spider webs and thousands of spiders.. not hairy tarantula ones, but black widows or something that looks kind of like them... would scare the beegeezus out of me. I don't know what a beegeezus is, but it would most certainly be scared out of me.

And I'm willing to bet after 19 years and that one photo of Indy freaking out, there's snakes in this one too. HAhAHA.... maybe while Indy is busy with ants a snake or snakes come along to make matters worse or something. *shrug*

eroc

big ants, scorpions, swarms of bugs, spiders, sharks, piranhas,and a python called Kaa.

TheLastCrusader

Indy Smith said:
There's a nice close-up of a scorpion in the new trailer. Perhaps it's scorpions?
There's a track on the OST called Secret Doors And Scorpions, so it's a possibility. I'd love it

Grave Robber

In playing the Indiana Jones themed adventure sweepstakes at Expedia.com....if you pick a wrong suitcase a horde of giant ants and spiders comes out. I think thats a confirmation that there will be ants and spiders in the movie