The real reason I loved it

pellman

When I saw Raiders in 1981 I was twelve. I saw it with my grandfather. It was the last movie he saw in a theatre.

I never would have dreamed that 27 years later I would get to see another Indy movie starring Harrison in the company of my own son and his grandfather (my dad). I don't have the words to express my delight.

I was somewhat disappointed by the movie itself, but it didn't matter. And I've warmed up to it since.

I recently found my old Marvel adaptation of Raiders from 1981. It is a bit worn and the cover is loose--because I read it a hundred times. My son (he's eight) wanted to read it in bed. I told him he shouldn't because it is almost 30 years old and he should lay it on a flat surface to read. I suggested he read his Crystal Skull graphic novel in bed instead. He answered, "Uh, no thanks. That's even more precious."

:D

Mine.
RaidersSuper.jpg

His
IJatKotCS_TPB.jpg

mister64

That's a great story!

My brother and his son love watching Last Crusade because of the father-son dynamic. It would have been cool if Henry Sr. had been in this flick, then the three generations of your family would have gotten to see the three generations of the Jones boys in action!