What Model/Year Car in Official Video

Jawad M

Does anyone know what year and what type of car was shown in the official video that was released earlier this week.

That would help somewhat determining the time period at least

Jawad

arkfinder

I was wondering the same thing. I'll try to freeze the frame and see if I can see it. If someone eles finds it first let's us know asap. Please and thank you!

Grizzlor

The custom is probably just a typical late 50's hot rod (ala American Graffiti) built off the 1932 Ford Hiboy Roadster. The military car is also a Ford. The large oval with domed oval inside was a trademark of only 1949 and 1950 Fords. You might assume this may have been a backstory or flash back scene, going back 5 or so years to the early 50's. Even though American Graffiti is set in 1962, the "Deuce" has been rodded ever since WWII.

http://www.fawcett-movie-cars.com/40_49_cars/1949-50fordsedan157.html

I was listening to the Ron and Fez show on XM Radio and a listener mentioned he was commissioned to bring several of his classic movie cars to the set in New Haven but wasn't allowed to reveal what year it was.

Joe Brody

Grizzlor said:
The custom is probably just a typical late 50's hot rod (ala American Graffiti) built off the 1932 Ford Hiboy Roadster. The military car is also a Ford. The large oval with domed oval inside was a trademark of only 1949 and 1950 Fords. You might assume this may have been a backstory or flash back scene, going back 5 or so years to the early 50's. Even though American Graffiti is set in 1962, the "Deuce" has been rodded ever since WWII.

http://www.fawcett-movie-cars.com/40_49_cars/1949-50fordsedan157.html

I was listening to the Ron and Fez show on XM Radio and a listener mentioned he was commissioned to bring several of his classic movie cars to the set in New Haven but wasn't allowed to reveal what year it was.

Great post until the Ron and Fez reference. . . .

Whipper

Can you identify the car that Old Indy drove around, in this cap from the Young Indy Chronicles?

princeton004jh5.jpg

Grizzlor

Whipper said:
Can you identify the car that Old Indy drove around, in this cap from the Young Indy Chronicles?

princeton004jh5.jpg

Looks like a 51 or 52 Plymouth

images

PS: What's wrong with Ron and Fez?

Stoo

Spot on, Grizzlor, it's a 1952 Plymouth. Plus, he drove a 1949 GMC pickup in "Mystery of the Blues".

Grizzlor

Ashamed to say I perused Google images. I can tell car make and often model of American autos from the 60's on up. Some in the late 50's. Most of the makes changed to insignias that are the same today, or when the mark went out of business. The Yale photos, both of print props and car props seem to indicate 1957, but perhaps the film will cover various points in the 1950's, which would be cool.