Who has NOT seen "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"?

Stoo

Because of some recent admissions in this thread, it appears that some people here have NOT yet seen the new film.
It's been out for just over 1 month now. Are there anymore KOTCS virgins out there?

(I don't mean this thread to be offensive in any way. The question is posed out of curiousity alone.)

Crack that whip

I'm astounded that anyone sufficiently interested in Indiana Jones to frequent this forum wouldn't have already seen the movie at least once in its opening week, unless they're in some unusual circumstance that places them nowhere near a theater or makes them unable to attend any normal showtimes. I can understand people having lives that might get in the way of being there opening day (as well as some people just not liking to attend newly-opened movies, preferring the thinned-out crowds from later in theatrical runs, though I personally love the crowds at movies), but I'd really have thought just about everyone here would have seen it at least the first week, let alone the first month (!!!) :eek:

This isn't a criticism, just an observation. It simply seems really strange to me for an Indy fan to willfully put off a whole new addition to the feature film series while it's out in theaters...

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
This isn't a criticism, just an observation. It simply seems really strange to me for an Indy fan to willfully put off a whole new addition to the feature film series while it's out in theaters...
I agree that life & responsibilities can get in the way but...c'mon! Get off your toochis and go!!!
Anyway, there are only 2, so far. (Who may be exceptions to the rule so we should go easy with 'em.);)

The Golden Idol said:
I still haven't, as I said in the thread you mentioned above, but I assure you I will soon.
You should go soon, Golden Idol, because I doubt it will be on the BIG screens much longer...:(

Is anyone here that hasn't seen one, two or any of the first three movies?

The first three movies have been playing on my DVD player more than a played out radio song...

Crack that whip

I'd hazard a guess there are actually a lot of people here who haven't seen a lot of (or even any of) The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles / The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones. I consider them essential, myself...

That said, if one puts together a sufficiently long list of "required experiences" for the Indy fan, it's possible most people here would fall short in some areas. I myself haven't done all the Indy attractions at the Disney theme parks, there are a number of Indy games I haven't played (though I've played some), some Indy books and comics I haven't read, etc.

(But not seeing a whole new Indy feature film in theaters? There's no way I could hold off on that, myself...)

muttjones

i havent seen any YIJC, ive only played two of the games, read none of the books or comics and definitely havent been on the theme park rides.
Does that make me less of an Indy fan? or just a teenager with little money who is incredibly lazy???:sleep:

Crack that whip

Not necessarily. Not everyone has had all the opportunities everyone else has had, for one thing (for example, if you're a teen in Australia, you weren't even around when the original movies first came out and perhaps not even when the TV show first aired, and you probably haven't had access to a number of Indy things that came out in your lifetime but in other countries. I'm from the US, the home territory of the franchise, and there are European novels that have never been published here, or even translated into a language I speak yet). And of course most of us aren't blessed with the financial means to afford everything we want.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, it's hard to be an Indyfan in Australia. I'm only 19 myself so KOTCS was certainly something I couldn't resist not seeing as I never saw the others on the big screen. We do have old special independent theatres, but they never ever show any of the old Indy movies. KOTCS was that chance for me so I'm grateful for KOTCS. I would love to see Raiders:The Adaptation and again, it hasn't been shown at any festivals in my part of Australia. I think it has been shown in Sydney but Sydney's like 1000 k's from where I am.

Anyway, the marketing was nowhere near the level of the US (probably coz we are a smaller market). Dad spoke to a guy working at a cinema when he was buing tickets to Narnia and Dad had a mental blank about what movie we were seeing and the ticket guy suggested Indy and Dad remembered that we were buying tickets for Narnia and asked how Indy tickets were selling (and this is a big cinema, the same one that held the first public premiere screening in Australia) and the guy said that there had been good sales in the first week, but went down really quick after the opening weekend.

Everything takes weeks to get here (especially the comics and the magazines, the KOTCS trading cards have only come in recent times) so when I'm wanting to swap cards, I'm way too late coz everyone's finished their collection. By the time, I get the Young Indy DVDs, everyone's discussed it and moved on to the next thing. :rolleyes: Nothing much anyone can do about it I guess.

Darth Vile

Violet Indy said:
Yeah, it's hard to be an Indyfan in Australia. I'm only 19 myself so KOTCS was certainly something I couldn't resist not seeing as I never saw the others on the big screen. We do have old special independent theatres, but they never ever show any of the old Indy movies. KOTCS was that chance for me so I'm grateful for KOTCS. I would love to see Raiders:The Adaptation and again, it hasn't been shown at any festivals in my part of Australia. I think it has been shown in Sydney but Sydney's like 1000 k's from where I am.

Anyway, the marketing was nowhere near the level of the US (probably coz we are a smaller market). Dad spoke to a guy working at a cinema when he was buing tickets to Narnia and Dad had a mental blank about what movie we were seeing and the ticket guy suggested Indy and Dad remembered that we were buying tickets for Narnia and asked how Indy tickets were selling (and this is a big cinema, the same one that held the first public premiere screening in Australia) and the guy said that there had been good sales in the first week, but went down really quick after the opening weekend.

Everything takes weeks to get here (especially the comics and the magazines, the KOTCS trading cards have only come in recent times) so when I'm wanting to swap cards, I'm way too late coz everyone's finished their collection. By the time, I get the Young Indy DVDs, everyone's discussed it and moved on to the next thing. :rolleyes: Nothing much anyone can do about it I guess.

Well bask in the knowledge that you live in a beautiful country. You can't have everything you know... :D

muttjones

Darth Vile said:
Well bask in the knowledge that you live in a beautiful country. You can't have everything you know... :D

POEM TIME
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of rugged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror ?
The wide brown land for me!"

My Country by Dorothea Mckellar

Ska

Our two local theaters (and 4 nearest drive-ins) aren't even showing it anymore...so if you want to see it, you best go NOW!

LostArk

What's Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? :rolleyes:

Seriously, I would have expected everyone who comes here frequently to have seen it already. It's been a month and some of you who have over 100 posts haven't seen it yet? They've probably already read a bunch of synopsis by now. Pretty soon it'll be off the big screen and for those of you who were born post-Crusade, this may have been your last chance to watch it on the big screen.

Benraianajones

LostArk said:
Pretty soon it'll be off the big screen and for those of you who were born post-Crusade, this may have been your last chance to watch it on the big screen.

Hehe, I was 2 when Last Crusade came out! Strange!

graz

I don't know how anyone who posts on here can RESIST seeing it. With the mix of opinions I would just HAVE to go see it to see who I agree with.
(BTW, if you haven't see it I'll make it easy for you - just agree with me because I'm always right! (joke!!) (y)

Stoo

Kooshmeister said:
But, I'm going tomorrow, I swear! :whip:
So...were you able to make it?
SKAbatula said:
Our two local theaters (and 4 nearest drive-ins) aren't even showing it anymore...so if you want to see it, you best go NOW!
Wow. That didn't last long.:( Yes, go now because it won't get a re-release like "Raiders" did.

Go Now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAwLYnIzj-g
(If you liked that one, watch this one!:))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLgdcGEqgcw&feature=related

Sam Falco

Didnt last long? its been a month. Some smaller towns dont carry movies for very long, so that kinda thing is expected. It all depends on the owner's preferrence. Hell, my main local theater still has it, but on the other hand, they didnt get Sweeney Todd, Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz at all!

Its a screwy world I tell ya.