Why is indy not wearing his leather jacket in the pictures? Does this give any clues?

Blue Jay

I noticed that indy is not wearing his leather jacket in the pictures that we have seen.
Kind of reminds me of temple of doom and raiders, there were a lot of times he was not wearing his jacket.

In last crusade when he was wearing his outfit, he always had his jacket on (at least as far as i remember) :p

I love him in his trademark jacket, but i also love it, when he was not wearing it, because it always seems like he was in kind of a big trouble, just captured or something. on the other hand it could be just the climate, but in last crusade he was wearing it in the desert!

What are your thoughts about indy not wearing his jacket? :whip:

Blue Jay said:
I noticed that indy is not wearing his leather jacket in the pictures that we have seen.
Kind of reminds me of temple of doom and raiders, there were a lot of times he was not wearing his jacket.

In last crusade when he was wearing his outfit, he always had his jacket on (at least as far as i remember) :p

I love him in his trademark jacket, but i also love it, when he was not wearing it, because it always seems like he was in kind of a big trouble, just captured or something. on the other hand it could be just the climate, but in last crusade he was wearing it in the desert!

What are your thoughts about indy not wearing his jacket? :whip:

1. The photo from New Mexico they were re-creating the original photo from the Raiders shoot - no jacket in that photo, no jacket in this photo. Nothing to read into it except the sense of fun and nostalgia it shows the guys are feeling.

2. No jacket shot from New Haven as these were the college scene shots. Nothing to read into that, its par for the course.

They just haven't filmed the bulk of the adventure sequences in the film yet. That's all.

deckard24

I'm sure he'll be wearing his trademark jacket at some point during the film. It is curious though that Ford is jacketless in the next set of pics and footage we will be getting tonight, courtesy of Entertainment Tonight.

deckard24 said:
I'm sure he'll be wearing his trademark jacket at some point during the film. It is curious though that Ford is jacketless in the next set of pics and footage we will be getting tonight, courtesy of Entertainment Tonight.

He was shirtless in the on-set footage from the tank chase in LC yet he wore his jacket throughout in the filmed-footage.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Mmmhhh, I don't know...

* Because it makes sense in regards to the story, setting or scene.

* I think that in each film they try to find new ways of arranging his rather monotone but characteristic outfit.

deckard24

Considering next to the fedora it's one of the most recognizable elements of the Indy character, it does seem odd we haven't seen him in it yet.

StwongBwidge you say he was shirtless in the on set footage, is that from the dvd or somewhere else?

deckard24 said:
Considering next to the fedora it's one of the most recognizable elements of the Indy character, it does seem odd we haven't seen him in it yet.

StwongBwidge you say he was shirtless in the on set footage, is that from the dvd or somewhere else?

The bonus dvd in the box collection. There's a bit with him stood with Connery (looks like round where they shot the tank going off the cliff edge), Connery puts his arm round his shoulder and Ford is shirtless. In the sequence its jacket-on, though. Point being, maybe relaxing around set he simply doesn't wear the jacket - its roasting in the desert after all. OK, so Indy's a cartoon-esque action-hero who never loses the hat and wears his jacket come hell or high water, doesn't mean poor old Harry has to live it the whole time they're filming!

Remember, we aren't seeing everything on every shoot so far, and they've not remotely shot everything yet. It'll be the same outfit. Chill...

Indy1986

Remember Temple of Doom where he only had his shirt on.
The tropical weather was just too hot for a thick leather jacket.
I new Haven he doesn't wear the Indy outfit anyway since is plays his professor role there.
But i am positive that he will be wearing the jacket in some scene.

deckard24

The dvd bonus footage your talking about I have seen, and yeah it makes sense when hanging out on set in a warm locale he'd be jacketless. It seems like the beards are just teasing us with little bits of Indy, and we'll get a full on Indy pic in the next few months but hopefully sooner. I'm just curious if the warm locale of the new film could mean more of a ToD Indy sans jacket.

"Chill..." Thanks Chief but I am not concerned about this just curious.

seasider

On the video from the official site, his jacket is briefly scene dangling on coat hanger so at some point in the scenes the filmed, he must've been wearing the jacket.

seasider said:
On the video from the official site, his jacket is briefly scene dangling on coat hanger so at some point in the scenes the filmed, he must've been wearing the jacket.

This is true. There's plenty of film tobe shot as well. He'll have his jacket on.

The Whip

1. The photo from New Mexico they were re-creating the original photo from the Raiders shoot - no jacket in that photo, no jacket in this photo. Nothing to read into it except the sense of fun and nostalgia it shows the guys are feeling.

With Ford sporting the retro shirt in the video also, I have to think that it is more than just a spontaneous photo shoot.

I wonder what other ways they will use to capture the look and feel of Raiders.