Why is Temple of Doom a prequel?

Montana Smith

Udvarnoky said:
Crucially, that's before they made their first sequel.

Yes, but it was a proposed character trait. And Lucas and Spielberg, being closer than most to Indy, must have known what they were doing when they decided to write a pre-Ark story.

The crucial point would come when Indy realizes, after a long series of films, that none of the fairy tales turned out to be hoaxes.

For balance, and as red herrings, some of his investigations should have exposed a hoaxer. For a film that might be a let down for an audience looking forward to a big supernatural pay-off.

He would therefore have to be involved in some secondary investigations and adventures, such as the Chachapoyan Idol, Cross of Coronado or Nurhachi's Urn, where the artefact turns out to be fake, or it's supernatural powers really the work of a hoaxer.

Kooshmeister

Mickiana said:
Just taking a lead from Montana's last post and not really on topic, I received a birthday card that had set out in table form on the front:

Taoism: Sh*t happens
Protestantism: Let sh*t happen to someone else
Catholicism: If sh*t happens, you deserved it
Judaism: Why does sh*t always happen to us?
Atheism: No sh*t
TV Evangelism: Send more sh*t
Buddhism: If sh*t happens, it is not really sh*t
Zen Buddhism: What is the sound of sh*t happening?
Hinduism: This sh*t happened before

And on the inside of the card

Birthdayism: Holy Sh*t!

What about Deism?

kongisking

Mickiana said:
Just taking a lead from Montana's last post and not really on topic, I received a birthday card that had set out in table form on the front:

Taoism: Sh*t happens
Protestantism: Let sh*t happen to someone else
Catholicism: If sh*t happens, you deserved it
Judaism: Why does sh*t always happen to us?
Atheism: No sh*t
TV Evangelism: Send more sh*t
Buddhism: If sh*t happens, it is not really sh*t
Zen Buddhism: What is the sound of sh*t happening?
Hinduism: This sh*t happened before

And on the inside of the card

Birthdayism: Holy Sh*t!

I want that card. Period. :D

Mickiana

Re Finn and Kooshmeister: Also good suggestions! There is no lack of sh*t for all the various religious persuasions. :D Perhaps "Deism: You're sh*ttin' me?!"??

Re Kong: It's one of my favourite cards. I received it a long time ago, could have been fifteen years.