New spoilerish LEGO-set explanatory notes

Mutt Williams

Now that we're talking about shirtless people, I want Irina Spalko to lose her uniform. (y)

Indy_Chic said:
And welcome to the Raven Mutt Williams!!! :hat: Its a pleasure to have you aboard. (And I love your name!)

Thanks!

Finn

Staff member
commontone said:
Am I the only one dying to see Jim Broadbent shirtless? :confused: If he were wearing chaps, that would be a plus.
No, no, wait! I know! What about a hot, sweaty topless kiss between Broadbent and Ray Winstone?

Would cap them an Oscar for sure.

nzlc

haha they would get a oscar nomination and as 4 the shia shirtless picz theres already plenty of them on the net

jasperjones

Well, the native Americans used to use ant torture as a rite of passage I think (my research is a bit shaky) and ants seems to feature quite a bit in Mayan mythology (in the story of Popol Vuhl) which is the Mayan story of the world's creation that also dips into xibalba so it defintely fits. Interestingly the stories tell of chambers within the temples (which almost act like a test I think- i'm trying to remember) such as the house of knives and thouse of cold. These were chambers that posed deadly challenges to anyone that entered. If I was a screenwriter (which I am) and was working on Indy (which sadly I'm not) that's the kind of thing that would be triggering inspiration. Just google mayan ants I and you should be able to find more.

This is what Darren Aronofsky had to say about Mayan ants! :

Aronofsky was visiting Mayan ruins in Mexico with friends when, he says, “Suddenly I started to realize that in the center of this plaza were these ants. A whole city of ants. These giant 20 or 30-foot high anthills with rivers of ants flowing between the different hills and then streams of ants going out into the rainforest to grab supplies and bring it back home."

Those fire ant things are indeed in the saucer men script. Indy and sidekick were hanged upside down in the jungle near the campsite and the ants begin to crawl over them and bite...

Too close to bugs for my liking, though no doubt it'll be fine.

There's also some kind of piranha scene in the monkey king script ifI remember correctly, with piranha in a moat inside a temple surrounding the central shrine.

Maybe we'll get two for our money in this one??

Either way, I'd prefer leeches and/or massive maggots I think. Massive. As in big. Not dinosaur maggots LOL.

In general seems to me the script is essentially a re-worked saucer men, which doesn't fill me with great hope. As long as they've drastically improved the dialogue it'll still be a fun ride, but if they've not we're in for a major disappointment.

Indy_Chic

commontone said:
Am I the only one dying to see Jim Broadbent shirtless?

Coming Soon...."The Official Jim Broadbent Drool Thread!!!!" :eek:

Mutt Williams said:
Now that we're talking about shirtless people, I want Irina Spalko to lose her uniform

Ha! It seems no matter what the topic might be about the new Indy film, it all seems to go back to whether or not the people in it will be shirtless. I for one will be a very happy fangirl if Shia loses his shirt. I wouldn't mind either if Harry does. I love a guy with muscles lol!

nzlc said:
haha they would get a oscar nomination and as 4 the shia shirtless picz theres already plenty of them on the net

Shia shirtless pics on the net?!?!?! :D I'll have to go hunting for some and post them in the drool thread....

metalinvader

Looks like we do get dead aliens.Which is fine by me.
The conquistador skeleton is pretty cool.

ResidentAlien brought this up in the Lego thread,Just what the hell is on top of the temple!?

No Ticket

Whoa.

Alien Skeletons.

Rocket Launchers.

Giant Ants (hey, there they are... not spiders, only six legs)

Red, Blue and yellow jewl like things (are they various skulls or something, or just gems?)

... snakes, why'd it have to be snakes... again.

And wow. Yeah. That thing at the top of the temple. Do you put the crystal skull in it and it shoots a giant ray into the sky contacting aliens or something.

Maybe the pyramid does fly off. This is gonna be a weird Indy adventure.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I getting the lego set with Marion in it! But, yeah... maybe it does fly off???:eek:

Mind you, the ants really could have been made bigger for little hands, you know. They not as big as Indy or something so that's ok. Dead aliens, I can live with. Interesting that there's no Hurt or Marion or Mac figures with the big temple set. Only Indy, Mutt and Spalko. I would've thought that was the big climax of the movie....

Dr.Sartorius

Violet Indy said:
I getting the lego set with Marion in it! But, yeah... maybe it does fly off???:eek:

Mind you, the ants really could have been made bigger for little hands, you know. They not as big as Indy or something so that's ok. Dead aliens, I can live with. Interesting that there's no Hurt or Marion or Mac figures with the big temple set. Only Indy, Mutt and Spalko. I would've thought that was the big climax of the movie....

The Desert Chase lego set doesn't come with Belloq, Toht or Dietrich, so who knows?

fixer79

Whoa... That's one impressive mystical devise there on top of that temple...
Looks like something Skeletor built!:p

Niteshade007

Violet Indy said:
Interesting that there's no Hurt or Marion or Mac figures with the big temple set. Only Indy, Mutt and Spalko. I would've thought that was the big climax of the movie....

Yeah, I thought that was odd too. But, if you get the set with Marion, you can just add her to the big set, lol.

But like Dr.Sartorius said, it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't in the scene. They probably couldn't add that many characters to the set or something.

Deckard

These sets are actualy scary. I mean look at the skeletons, they have armor on. Please don't let there be living, fighting skeletons...

metalinvader

Deckard said:
These sets are actualy scary. I mean look at the skeletons, they have armor on. Please don't let there be living, fighting skeletons...

The one with the armor is just some dead conquistador.Hopefuly he stays dead.:p

I am really liking those alien skeletons.I'm guessing they will be used like how the Atlantian skeletons were used in FOA. The heads look to be crystal skulls too.Could it be that the crystal skulls (movie wise) are infact alien skulls?:eek:

Deckard

Maybe the alien skeletons will all be layed out on altars and you'll have to attach the skulls yourself to start w/e is on the top of the temple. Like some atlantean machine as someone said.