Batman
Batman Returns

Joel f*ck face:
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin

Chris Nolan:
Batman Begins
The Dark Night

I think that Nolan will not return... and I don't blame him. That last instalment was great by me. And in second place for me, Burtons original conception.

The studio will continue on, but I don't think Nolan will. And I think it is wise of him not to. Move forward my friend. You gave us a great show.

God help the next in line.

caats

i think you could prob move those schedules up a year. i don't fully believe it, but at least there's some smoke. fire soon to follow!!!

Deadlock

So they wanted to bring back Joker in Movie 3? Maybe they can.

Anybody got Chris Nolan's number? I've got a story pitch for him... ;)

THE JOKER
Wanna know how I got these scars? My
father
was a drinker and a fiend.
He'd beat mommy right in front of me.
One night he goes off crazier than
usual, mommy gets the kitchen knife
to defend herself. He doesn't like
that. Not. One. Bit.

mark%20hamill.jpg

Deadlock

If we establish a dead Dark Knight Joker in the prologue of Movie 3...

The film pits the vengeance of a sonless father against a fatherless son... I dunno. I think there's potential there.

Hans

when they make batman 3 i want harley quinn with the joker and firefly would be good charcter even the riddler and clayface would be good:cool:

DocWhiskey

Nah, it's gotta be bull****.

Just like Eddie Murphy was The Riddler and Cher was Catwoman.

They're messin' with us. Especially The Sun. They always do.

Hans

Honestly they ought to just make a story without the joker and introduce new characters like Riddler expect make him more real world like serial killer :whip:

DocWhiskey

The Joker is done. His character was established, served his point, and was played brilliantly. Same as Ra's Al Ghul, same as Harvey Two-Face, same as Scarecrow. Let's move on. I say we go to the Riddler or Black Mask.

fixer79

DocWhiskey said:
The Joker is done. His character was established, served his point, and was played brilliantly. Same as Ra's Al Ghul, same as Harvey Two-Face, same as Scarecrow. Let's move on. I say we go to the Riddler or Black Mask.

I don't entirely agree...
If we won't be seeing Joker again, there will never be a live action Harley Quinn! They'll never let her be in a movie without him. What'd be the point?

Therefore I say: Let the Joker return at least once :D

Timm03.jpg

QBComics

After playing through all of Batman: Arkum Asylum, I really want to see Scarecrow again, but done like B:AA portrayed him. Either that or Hush, because I would love to see him in live-action. :D

DocWhiskey

Scarecrow was PERFECT in Arkham Asylum. He reminded me of Freddy Krueger. If he was done like that onscreen he would be legendary.

fixer79 said:
I don't entirely agree...
If we won't be seeing Joker again, there will never be a live action Harley Quinn! They'll never let her be in a movie without him. What'd be the point?

Therefore I say: Let the Joker return at least once :D

You are correct. She wouldn't be in a Batman movie if Joker wasn't there. But frankly, Joker shouldn't return JUST for Harley. Harley's not that good of a character. She just compliments the Joker really. And I don't want The Joker recasted just so we could see Harley. That's silly. If Ledger were still with us, I wouldn't mind Harley being in Batman 3. And if Nolan put her in, I'd imagine her more like Azzarello's take on her in "Joker".

But I know Ledger's Joker captivated everyone, but trust me, there's other Batman villains out there that are just as good and could give us a damn good movie.

Last edited:

fixer79

DocWhiskey said:
You are correct. She wouldn't be in a Batman movie if Joker wasn't there. But frankly, Joker shouldn't return JUST for Harley. Harley's not that good of a character. She just compliments the Joker really. And I don't want The Joker recasted just so we could see Harley. That's silly. If Ledger were still with us, I wouldn't mind Harley being in Batman 3. And if Nolan put her in, I'd imagine her more like Azzarello's take on her in "Joker".

But I know Ledger's Joker captivated everyone, but trust me, there's other Batman villains out there that are just as good and could give us a damn good movie.

You're right of course... It would be stupid to bring back The Joker just for Harley Quinn. I would've liked to see her in Nolan's Bat-Universe though.
Anyway, like you said, there are a bunch of other Batman villains to use...

Sadly some villains won't be usable because they are simply over the top...
I don't see Manbat or Clayface in a Nolan Batman film for example. It would kill they entire 'believability' established in the previous films... Things could look like Spider-Man 3 pretty quick :)

I also don't see how they could re-invent The Penguin after what Burton did with him in Batman Returns without copying too much. After all, the fact that Cobblepot is a deformed human left for dead by his parents and raised by penguins was an idea developed for Batman Returns. Before that, The Penguin was just a chubby little fellow with a top hat who talked funny.

Same goes for Catwoman, in fact. Also done to perfection by Burton. They've already tried to reinvent her in her own movie and failed. Trying it again in a Nolan film is risky business.

What's left then?
The Riddler maybe... He was somewhat OK in Forever but I reckon he could be dealt with in a better way in Nolan's universe. Besides, the origin has already been set by Nolan in The Dark Knight.

And then there is Black Mask. He could work too.
What about The Riddler and Black Mask together against The Bat?
Yeah, I could see that happening. ;)

Either that or Egghead and King Tut! :p

egghead_batman.jpg
batman_07.jpg